Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #61  
Old 03-29-2011, 10:10 PM
johnnybravo8802 johnnybravo8802 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ga.
Posts: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
Yes, pics please!

The guys that mow for the city here use Tigers! The stuff they have to cut at times is unreal, not to mention the moron operators.
But, mowing for the city is different than mowing a well maintained lawn. TTs are big, heavy and not as agile as some other brands. Thats where I was hoping that the Cheetah might be a good compromise. Smaller and lighter, speed of a Super Z and strength of a TT.
I will agree that the cheetah is more agile than the TT but I think it falls short in the strength department. That's just my opinion on the strength department and something only time will tell. I said the same thing about Exmark in 99' and they proved to be bulletproof.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-29-2011, 10:15 PM
johnnybravo8802 johnnybravo8802 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ga.
Posts: 2,210
You know, I think I may have forgotten to give an update on the cheetah. I checked the tire pressure in the tires and one had 15 and 20 in the other. I reduced both to 12 and ran it in low all day. The reduced pressure did make a difference but it still falls way short of the TT-It has to being more narrow, higher COG, and lack of a single tank in the center of the machine.

As far as running the mower in low versus high, it may have made a slight difference but not much(I barely noticed). Other than climbing hills all day, I still fail to see the significance of two gears.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-29-2011, 11:11 PM
oldclawn oldclawn is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: indianapolis, IN
Posts: 280
Can this subject gracefully die for a few months? Getting old already....
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-29-2011, 11:18 PM
johnnybravo8802 johnnybravo8802 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ga.
Posts: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldclawn View Post
Can this subject gracefully die for a few months? Getting old already....
What subject?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-30-2011, 12:02 AM
torotorotoro's Avatar
torotorotoro torotorotoro is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: omaha, nebraska
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo8802 View Post
You know, I think I may have forgotten to give an update on the cheetah. I checked the tire pressure in the tires and one had 15 and 20 in the other. I reduced both to 12 and ran it in low all day. The reduced pressure did make a difference but it still falls way short of the TT-It has to being more narrow, higher COG, and lack of a single tank in the center of the machine.

As far as running the mower in low versus high, it may have made a slight difference but not much(I barely noticed). Other than climbing hills all day, I still fail to see the significance of two gears.
more norrow ? im starting to think you have never been on a cheetah.either that or you are so stuck on your tt that you cant appreciate what the cheetah has to offer.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-30-2011, 12:24 AM
johnnybravo8802 johnnybravo8802 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ga.
Posts: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by torotorotoro View Post
more norrow ? im starting to think you have never been on a cheetah.either that or you are so stuck on your tt that you cant appreciate what the cheetah has to offer.
How many people have to get on here and claim that it's more narrow than a TT for you to believe it. I try to be helpful to anyone wanting to hear about the cheetah and all I get is shi# for responses!!!! This is why this site gets old...to many smart asse@ and know- it- alls who don't want to listen to people who may know more than they do.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-30-2011, 12:52 AM
jakethesnake jakethesnake is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: fort dodge iowa
Posts: 11
height photo! Name:  041.jpg
Views: 1198
Size:  110.5 KB
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-30-2011, 01:00 AM
djagusch djagusch is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 3,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo8802 View Post
How many people have to get on here and claim that it's more narrow than a TT for you to believe it. I try to be helpful to anyone wanting to hear about the cheetah and all I get is shi# for responses!!!! This is why this site gets old...to many smart asse@ and know- it- alls who don't want to listen to people who may know more than they do.
John opinions are like askholes everyone has one. Don't get to riled up on others opinions. I have plenty of hrs on tt's and have a different opinion on the cheetah than you do. I asked a couple times on how the front wheel area , double tube frame deck mounting seemed of less quality than the tt and you didn't have a response. I see uses of the 2sp (like speed control/limit for some properties). The rops hide away part is a perfect solution. The cables do feel different but that is not better or worse just different. The ride can't be compared. The only thing lacking is the driveshaft deck and maybe some hillside but I did not notice a difference.

Oh by the way 29dfi tt what is your gph?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-30-2011, 01:02 AM
jakethesnake jakethesnake is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: fort dodge iowa
Posts: 11
lalalal Attachment 216502
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-30-2011, 01:08 AM
jakethesnake jakethesnake is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: fort dodge iowa
Posts: 11
my camera is to good this site can't handle the resolution or somethiung... that pic you see is a average yard i wish i could find the job with the weeds taller than a stop sign made a hell of a picture
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 PM.

Page generated in 0.07510 seconds with 8 queries