Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-29-2011, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
Yes, pics please!

The guys that mow for the city here use Tigers! The stuff they have to cut at times is unreal, not to mention the moron operators.
But, mowing for the city is different than mowing a well maintained lawn. TTs are big, heavy and not as agile as some other brands. Thats where I was hoping that the Cheetah might be a good compromise. Smaller and lighter, speed of a Super Z and strength of a TT.
I will agree that the cheetah is more agile than the TT but I think it falls short in the strength department. That's just my opinion on the strength department and something only time will tell. I said the same thing about Exmark in 99' and they proved to be bulletproof.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You know, I think I may have forgotten to give an update on the cheetah. I checked the tire pressure in the tires and one had 15 and 20 in the other. I reduced both to 12 and ran it in low all day. The reduced pressure did make a difference but it still falls way short of the TT-It has to being more narrow, higher COG, and lack of a single tank in the center of the machine.

As far as running the mower in low versus high, it may have made a slight difference but not much(I barely noticed). Other than climbing hills all day, I still fail to see the significance of two gears.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Can this subject gracefully die for a few months? Getting old already....
Old 03-29-2011, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldclawn View Post
Can this subject gracefully die for a few months? Getting old already....
What subject?
Old 03-30-2011, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo8802 View Post
You know, I think I may have forgotten to give an update on the cheetah. I checked the tire pressure in the tires and one had 15 and 20 in the other. I reduced both to 12 and ran it in low all day. The reduced pressure did make a difference but it still falls way short of the TT-It has to being more narrow, higher COG, and lack of a single tank in the center of the machine.

As far as running the mower in low versus high, it may have made a slight difference but not much(I barely noticed). Other than climbing hills all day, I still fail to see the significance of two gears.
more norrow ? im starting to think you have never been on a cheetah.either that or you are so stuck on your tt that you cant appreciate what the cheetah has to offer.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torotorotoro View Post
more norrow ? im starting to think you have never been on a cheetah.either that or you are so stuck on your tt that you cant appreciate what the cheetah has to offer.
How many people have to get on here and claim that it's more narrow than a TT for you to believe it. I try to be helpful to anyone wanting to hear about the cheetah and all I get is shi# for responses!!!! This is why this site gets old...to many smart asse@ and know- it- alls who don't want to listen to people who may know more than they do.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Member

height photo! Name:  041.jpg
Views: 1198
Size:  110.5 KB
Old 03-30-2011, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo8802 View Post
How many people have to get on here and claim that it's more narrow than a TT for you to believe it. I try to be helpful to anyone wanting to hear about the cheetah and all I get is shi# for responses!!!! This is why this site gets old...to many smart asse@ and know- it- alls who don't want to listen to people who may know more than they do.
John opinions are like askholes everyone has one. Don't get to riled up on others opinions. I have plenty of hrs on tt's and have a different opinion on the cheetah than you do. I asked a couple times on how the front wheel area , double tube frame deck mounting seemed of less quality than the tt and you didn't have a response. I see uses of the 2sp (like speed control/limit for some properties). The rops hide away part is a perfect solution. The cables do feel different but that is not better or worse just different. The ride can't be compared. The only thing lacking is the driveshaft deck and maybe some hillside but I did not notice a difference.

Oh by the way 29dfi tt what is your gph?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-30-2011, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Member

lalalal Attachment 216502
Old 03-30-2011, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Member

my camera is to good this site can't handle the resolution or somethiung... that pic you see is a average yard i wish i could find the job with the weeds taller than a stop sign made a hell of a picture