Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-20-2011, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you guys seeing the prices some of these clowns are cutting grass for ? I see signs all around for "Lawns $25.00" and flyers for free mowing for first and last cut . We have lost a couple to these clowns but they are not the type of customers we wanted to deal with anyway. These guys need to learn alot they are pricing jobs for 30 -40% cheaper then what we are. Anyone want to make a bet to see if they will be around in a few years ? Until they are gone they will just continue to cut everyones throat including thier own.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Member

First mow free I could understand it's like giving them a sample of your work. The lowballing I don't understand because not only does it take business from someone who wants it, it lowers the standard for all of us. New customers start to expect that everyone will cut their yard for 20 bucks.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I drove through ellicott city to price a deck wash job and saw a sign on every corner for $25 lawn cut perficut.net looks like the guy wants to saturate the market and capture market share. A loss leader as his website show up sell work ....that must be what he is after

www.deckdoctorpressurewashing.com
Old 04-20-2011, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If I am not making money on something then we are not going to be doing it ! I wish them luck, seems like someone has large DREAMS. We only want the customers who know you get what you pay for . In order to cut a 45-50 dollar lawn for 25 bucks someone is cheating somewhere.Insurance , taxes , DOT ,legal workers, that extra money comes from somewhere.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Howdy howdy neighbors. I live off 97 in howard county by tridelphia in glenwood and we work in the rockville, gaithersburg, germantown area. Is it me or are the lawns growing super fast this spring? I am betting after this hot sunny dry week they start to slow down a bit (I hope). You guys were finding fliers for $25 cuts? Every neighborhood I service got hit with $20 a cut fliers for the last 3 seasons. A former sponsor here "CLIP" is one of these $20 per cut and first cut free company's. They started out as a software company selling scheduling and billing software and they decided to get into cutting. "TOGO" is another $20 a cut company. This area we service is unreal. Asians and indians asking for every other week for $20 a cut. Sad thing is they have no trouble finding guys to do it.

Good luck, stay safe and keep those stripes straight!
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)