Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-02-2011, 10:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice fleet of trucks and equipment you got there!
Complete lawn care services
Old 04-02-2011, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseylandscaping View Post
nice setup man looks really good, There is alot of trucks in these pictures. How many do you have overall? also what do you contribute to your success the most.
Thanks. We have 14 trucks overall and most of our success comes from great customer service, size of company, great employees and referrals
Old 04-02-2011, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Nice equipment - that's quite an operation you have going on there.

We have two 5111's as well. Are you considering stepping up to anything larger than the jakes when you're ready to replace them or are you satisfied with running that size machine? I only mention it because two years ago we invested in a 21' batwing mower to help cut a larger property we maintain and it's made a world of difference.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghunter502 View Post
Thanks, yes we love our exmarks bought 3 more this year, we have been in business for 12 years started out of the back of the truck with a push mower you have to start somewhere. Yes we hang christmas lights, I keep my employees year round need something for them to do really don't make any on it though helps me keep my good employees around instead of replacing every year. We operate 3 mow crews, irrigation crew, landscape crew, we have a spray tech and we have a rough cut crew. Good luck!
Dang! add a hardscaping crew and that's EXACTLY my dream business. how long were you in business before you started adding crews?
Old 04-02-2011, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayM View Post
Dang! add a hardscaping crew and that's EXACTLY my dream business. how long were you in business before you started adding crews?
2 years of so
Old 04-02-2011, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan85 View Post
Nice equipment - that's quite an operation you have going on there.

We have two 5111's as well. Are you considering stepping up to anything larger than the jakes when you're ready to replace them or are you satisfied with running that size machine? I only mention it because two years ago we invested in a 21' batwing mower to help cut a larger property we maintain and it's made a world of difference.
What 21' batwing mower do you own. We use5111's because we can haul 7 of them easier on trailers the properties we mow with them are about 50 miles away easier to trailer.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghunter502 View Post
What 21' batwing mower do you own. We use5111's because we can haul 7 of them easier on trailers the properties we mow with them are about 50 miles away easier to trailer.
We have a Landpride HR22M pulled by a New Holland TN75s - I have a few pictures of it on my profile. I noticed in the picture with the Jakes it looked like a manufacturing plant, which is what we do and we store ours there, so that's what made me think of it.

It must be a site to see hauling seven of those mowers! How many do you get on a trailer and what kind of setup do you have? The tractor and batwing mower was an oversize load, so we had to have it hauled on a lowboy.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan85 View Post
We have a Landpride HR22M pulled by a New Holland TN75s - I have a few pictures of it on my profile. I noticed in the picture with the Jakes it looked like a manufacturing plant, which is what we do and we store ours there, so that's what made me think of it.

It must be a site to see hauling seven of those mowers! How many do you get on a trailer and what kind of setup do you have? The tractor and batwing mower was an oversize load, so we had to have it hauled on a lowboy.
That is our problem we have 5 properties like the one we have in the picture which are about 75 miles apart in separate directions and some smaller properties in which we have to have them close to home. It would make it difficult if we had a machine like that to transport back and forth between properties. That is why we use the 5111's easy transport and yes it is a site when we haul these. We put 2 on a trailer and haul a 6150 as well when we mow these properties. The maneuverability of the HR's around everything makes it easier as well 12' zero turns it would be a time killer to use a 21' mower around everything we have to mow around. I would love to use a 21' mower it would be great.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayM View Post
Irrigation was our second crew behind the mowing. Mowing is our bread and butter. We felt like we were leaving to much money on the table with our current customer base that is why I expanded to every aspect of Lawn mowing and maintenance, Landscape, Irrigation, and Snow removal. I don't really even get in the field anymore (kinda sucks) because I really liked getting my hand dirty. I still go out on snow removal and some of our big rough cut jobs. For the most part I meet with customers, bids, check on some employees, and take care of all the other business aspects. I do still enjoy what I do though.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Just sent you a PM.

I hear you about not being in the field. I've always wanted to be a businessman and work for myself. I chose this field because I like being outside and getting dirty, but ultimately I want to run a business. No matter how big I get I think I'll always take a day every now and then to put on the company t shirt and work with my guys.