Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-24-2011, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Pulled the Trigger!

Hello all! I'm new to this forum, however I've been reading many reviews on here while trying to decide what mower/equipment I wanted to purchase. Since I enjoyed the discussion boards so much I decided to join in on the fun and hopefully, through out the next few months/years of use, post some useful reviews.

A few months ago I purchased a house that sat on five acres of land. After convincing (begging) my wife that I needed to purchase some lawn equipment I happily started my research which landed me on this forum quite a bit when "googling"! Well after many hours were spent researching the latest and greatest in mowers and equipment I pulled the trigger earlier this week and purchased the John Deere Z930A with the MOD deck, the Stihl BR600 back pack blower and the Stihl FS110R weed eater!

I take delivery of all three this afternoon and I can not wait to jump on and get after it! I'll definitely be posting some reviews after a few hours on it, and subsequently follow up through out the mowing season! I landscaped for a few years to help pay my way through college, but had nothing close to this nice of equipment. I loved mowing then and can't imagine how nice it will be now!!
Old 03-24-2011, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to Lawnsite. I hope you enjoy all of that equipment. Have fun with your toys!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Member

You did good my friend.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Congrats! That's some nice equipment you got there. Enjoy!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-24-2011, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Top notch equipment. You better stop by the jewelry store soon. If you want to truly be happy, then keep your wife happy
Old 03-24-2011, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck this season
Complete lawn care services
Old 03-24-2011, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to the forum. Some solid equipment you got there. Back in Holland i used to have the stihl br550 and boy that was one hell of a good backpack blower. My yard used to be surrounded by trees. Which turned into 2.5hrs+ of blowing leaves around the house. Even though we used it a lot always start after the second pull. You bought some great equipment, good luck and enjoy this up coming season!
Old 03-25-2011, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Member

sounds like some nice stuff. cant wait to read the reviews
Old 03-25-2011, 09:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

so you ar enot a pro? a homeowner?

nice choices, although i am not a fan of green!
Old 03-28-2011, 08:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Reviews coming soon!

First of all thanks to everyone reading my post. I've definitely enjoyed reading everyone's threads on this site! I look forward to posting and, hopefully, providing valuable input for individuals looking to buy some of the equipment I'm using.

I took delivery of my equipment last Thursday and I'm not sure you could wipe the smile off of my face! Because of the weather we have been having here in Oklahoma I only was able to use the mower for an hour, so I will save my reviews for this weekend when I really get to tackle the yard head on!

The one thing I did get to use for a couple of hours was the Stihl BR600 Magnum. All I have to say is WOW! My five acres is surrounded by nothing but huge old trees. We purchased the house a few months back and the old couple living in it had never raked or blown the leaves. They let them lay where they fell and I was not looking forward to the clean up. My wife and 7 year old daughter, along with me, had been raking all the week before and had barely put a dent in the yard. Lets just say the 600 saved the day!

Forget just blowing leaves around....when it's wide open it'll blow pretty big rocks around! Definitely a ton of power! It's worth every penny even if I only use it a few times a year to blow the leaves into piles for me to run over! After starting the job, I handed it over to the wife. She is originally from Arizona so she actually loves yard work and being outside where there is shade and grass! She loved the 600, especially when comparing it to the $20 rake she had been using However, she did say the next morning that her shoulder was really sore from the torque the machine put on it for the hour or so she used it. So, if you're looking for your wife to help with these chores then you might consider that. Also, it's a little loud, but what blower with any power isn't?

All-in-all, I can't wait to jump on the mover for a few hours and get a good feel of the 930A that is staring at me from the garage every morning I go to work to pay for it! Keep checking back in for my reviews!

Thanks!

Tags
br600 , fs110r , z930a