Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-16-2011, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Member

John Deere ct315

I was wondering if anyone could give me some good information on the Deere ct315. Does anyone own one or has anyone spent a lot of time in one? How does it perform with a snow blade on it?

Thanks
Old 02-19-2011, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got one in stock. It seems to run pretty smooth and has plenty of power for the size. It sizes up with a 66" bucket, but I threw a 72" on it and parked it out in my test area out back. I have one custumer running Taki TL240 and TL220 try it and he was very impressed with it. I think I may have it sold already to a rental yard.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSKIDSTEER View Post
I just got one in stock. It seems to run pretty smooth and has plenty of power for the size. It sizes up with a 66" bucket, but I threw a 72" on it and parked it out in my test area out back. I have one custumer running Taki TL240 and TL220 try it and he was very impressed with it. I think I may have it sold already to a rental yard.
JD are you coming to Conexpo? Also it looks like I will be inserted into the Huntsville area starting on the 11th of April for at least a week.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
JD are you coming to Conexpo? Also it looks like I will be inserted into the Huntsville area starting on the 11th of April for at least a week.
To busy to go to Conexpo...But you better let me know when you are in town...I owe you a meal and will let you play on the new D series out back. I have had the best winter ever in sales...hope it keeps going in the right direction.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good solid lil unit

But no CTL pushes snow real well due to low ground pressure.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi all, I'm new to this site and have done a ton of searching on the CT315, but feel like I need an answer to my specific question. Please keep in mind this is for a homeowner, not a landscaping contractor.

I currently have a Kubota 3130 with a bucket and a few attachments. I recently moved and my property is quite different now. Instead of having large fields, I'm now confined between buildings and trees and the Kubota just won't fit. Forget about maneuvering . I primarily need to move snow, soil, and logs. I don't need to mow, roto, or pull trailers. Also, my girlie can't run the tractor 'cause her legs are too short.

I've been thinking that a CTL would be a much better unit for my situation. I can trade my Kubota through my dealer for a JD CT315 with 194 hours. This is the only CTL available on this deal.

I need to know if this is going to be enough machine for me. There are a number of people on this forum who have said the 315 is too small and lacks power. However, I'm not lifting pallets of sod or bricks and I'm operating in tight spaces.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenStateVT View Post
Hi all, I'm new to this site and have done a ton of searching on the CT315, but feel like I need an answer to my specific question. Please keep in mind this is for a homeowner, not a landscaping contractor.

I currently have a Kubota 3130 with a bucket and a few attachments. I recently moved and my property is quite different now. Instead of having large fields, I'm now confined between buildings and trees and the Kubota just won't fit. Forget about maneuvering . I primarily need to move snow, soil, and logs. I don't need to mow, roto, or pull trailers. Also, my girlie can't run the tractor 'cause her legs are too short.

I've been thinking that a CTL would be a much better unit for my situation. I can trade my Kubota through my dealer for a JD CT315 with 194 hours. This is the only CTL available on this deal.

I need to know if this is going to be enough machine for me. There are a number of people on this forum who have said the 315 is too small and lacks power. However, I'm not lifting pallets of sod or bricks and I'm operating in tight spaces.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The CTL's in snow is much talked about. My experience is that its all good if your pushing down to bare ground or asphalt. However once the snow is packed and turns to ice it gets more difficult and less efficient. Considering your homeowner and not working for profit, there is no reason that the little CTL would not work for you (snow aside). Even if a task requires a little more time to complete, your not working for profit anyway. It certainly would be a more handy size. As far as specific info on this model, I don't have anything, don't think I have even seen one in real life. A demo should be able to tell you if the machine would work for you. You might check with Bridgestone who makes the Polor track and see if they make a track for that size machine.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for your thoughts, I really appreciate the input! I'll look into those tracks.