Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-25-2011, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHUSTLER View Post
Another thing I did not see is are they offering a weight kit to level out the rear end weight? That thing full can get heavy and all stand ons have light front ends.
Was going to say the exact same thing. Those things are bad enough on little inclines.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasMWhite View Post
I am slightly interested in the product. Do you know the price? I can't say I'd pay more than maybe $800 assuming I have to supply the backpack blower. If it were more than that, I would build it myself.
Heres a guy who bought 2...sure hope they brought the prices down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnLefty View Post
$1750 for everything but the blower

Limited production right now... there may be a few modifications before next season. Like I said before it looks like it would really throw the balance off and obviously you can pop the front wheels off the ground, you can do that without the unit on the machine, but a smart operator will be just fine.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

OUCH $1,700 Thats a tad steep, I know it holds 2x as much as a side bagger but you can buy 5 grass gobblers for that price.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Got to your local heating and cooling company and have them build you a hopper out of sheet metal thats all they are using. we had a guy here do that on his ztrs years ago,seemed to work.

As far as a powered bagger on a stand up. Alot of JD guys have been doing this for years with the Quik Traks, just buy a power flow unit bagger and build a bracket to hang it off the back end. I got the idea from a member here from South Dakota years ago, just never got around to doing it, he had pics of the unit on here somewhere, it was in the foresale forum. I believe it was back in 2004.

2013 haulmark 18' trailer
2013 John Deere 52' walkbehind
2012 Gator with skid sprayer
2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2004 JD 757 w/ 3 bag & Iron MCS
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Stihl, Echo, Tanka 2 strokes
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 03-29-2011, 11:49 AM
LawnSite Member

If I was building one, would put double pulley on the right spindle and mount the blower sideways. Granted you would have to do some serious mods to the blower but that would take care of needing a extra engine. Let me tell you if you are just blowing air it won't chew through the horsepower like a regular collection system will.

There maybe a big problem you will run into and that is wet grass.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks heavy !!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHUSTLER View Post
Great idea, dont like the idea of using a backpack blower though. Its really noisy and you will wear out a $500 blower quick using it with the same amount of hours that you use your stand on.
I think that's the beauty of the design! First of all, it replaces a complex, bulky, heavy, and breakdown-prone pulley system. Second, a $500 blower will last a long time if that's all its used for, and the pulley system/impeller on standard units probably adds $500 to the cost of the system anyway. Third, it has packaging and flexibility advantages over the pulley driven systems. It looks narrower than a pulley/impeller system, and might be quicker to install/remove. Finally, a lot of companies need a vac system for occasional use, not as their main leaf collection method. Blowers last me a lot of hours, I don't think it'd be too expensive to run. The blower would double as a rarely used but necessary spare in the summer months.

The only concern I'd have was does it work well. If it does, I'd consider it. But it'd have to be at a realistic price for what you're getting. Most of these things seem overpriced.

Last edited by BrunoT; 03-30-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoT View Post
I think that's the beauty of the design! First of all, it replaces a complex, bulky, heavy, and breakdown-prone pulley system. Second, a $500 blower will last a long time if that's all its used for, and the pulley system/impeller on standard units probably adds $500 to the cost of the system anyway. Third, it has packaging and flexibility advantages over the pulley driven systems. It looks narrower than a pulley/impeller system, and might be quicker to install/remove. Finally, a lot of companies need a vac system for occasional use, not as their main leaf collection method. Blowers last me a lot of hours, I don't think it'd be too expensive to run. The blower would double as a rarely used but necessary spare in the summer months.

The only concern I'd have was does it work well. If it does, I'd consider it. But it'd have to be at a realistic price for what you're getting. Most of these things seem overpriced.

I think most companies are trying to get back thier R&D money right from the start. Most dont realize that if the sell thier product at a decent price they will sell 10X the volume.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

They better hurry up and market this! I could really use one for my stander right about now!
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Old 02-01-2012, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Member

I did a search and found this thread, looks interesting. Anyone have any new info/reviews to offer?

It seams to me that the blower would work well to move the clippings to the hopper, but does it provide any extra suction to help prevent leaf blow out from the deck?