Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-25-2011, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

very nice man!

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 03-25-2011, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thank guys, I just got the truck yesterday. I am putting the polished aluminum OEM wheels on it with bigger tires. Tint the windows and a Boss 8'2" V blade. The trailer is pretty well setup, I line ex'ed the floor and added a pro-locker for the Z-Spray. So im very happy how it turned out, plus its nice to have all new stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-25-2011, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have often thought about doing a set up like yours. My dream would be much like yours but include barn doors on the side for pallet loading. I've also considered having rear barn doors and a side ramp door and load the pallet at the rear.

My one question is do you have any issues with the tongue weight when the water tank is completely full. That is one of my concerns.

I do really like the hose and pump switch going to the rear. Very well thought out.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I havent filled it up all the way yet. But at 3/4 full with the fert bags in the center and zspray on the rear it really rides like it should. I was concerned about it too but figured I would try it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-25-2011, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

if tongue weight becomes an issue, you can always throw a set of airbags on the rear of the truck!

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 03-25-2011, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackedf150 View Post
I havent filled it up all the way yet. But at 3/4 full with the fert bags in the center and zspray on the rear it really rides like it should. I was concerned about it too but figured I would try it.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's good to hear. How big is your tank?

This concern is why I have always considered doing barn doors at the rear and then a ramp door on the side so that the weight of the fert balances out the weight of the tank. But it's all just a pipe dream of mine for now.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
if tongue weight becomes an issue, you can always throw a set of airbags on the rear of the truck!
That's always an option but I'm not the biggest fan of doing that. Tongue weight is important. Although that will save your suspension you still have the concern of how much your receiver can handle and how much your hitch mount can handle. If you overload your receiver and something breaks your insurance could easily deny your claim and you could have a serious lawsuit on your hands. In my opinion the best thing to do is try to maintain a reasonable tongue weight.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Its a 125 gal. I figured the tank at 100 gal weighs the same as the zspray, so it evens out pretty well. I understand your dream, ive wanted this for 2 years.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-25-2011, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackedf150 View Post
Its a 125 gal. I figured the tank at 100 gal weighs the same as the zspray, so it evens out pretty well. I understand your dream, ive wanted this for 2 years.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well then congratulations! You did a good job with it and gave me some new ideas.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a pic all hooked up. I have fixed the nose being down. Had to get a new receiver. I couldn't believe that the 2 1/2 receivers are $80!!!!!!!
Attached Images