Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-09-2015, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Smile SURVEY: What is ONE question you need answered?

How do you measure double-digit-acre properties?
How do you get commercial contracts?
How do you give commercial proposals?
What services have the best margin?
How do you smoothly manage multiple crews?
How do you get more residential clients without spending $ on marketing?
How track accounting and determine the health of your business?
What do you charge per hour?
How do you track sales for the year?
What apps do you use?
How do you scale your business?
How do you make more MONEY?!

All landscape company owners wonder this type of thing... Your feedback on this post would be INCREDIBLY helpful!

Quick facts about me & my company:
•*I own a landscape company that's grown 60%, 70%, and 60% year over year for the past three years.

• This year, we picked up $110k worth of commercial contracts from 6 sent emails (we picked up more than that total, but $110k for 6 emails is pretty darn good).

•*We discovered how to tailor online marketing to our needs and make it incredibly easy to use (incredibly easy as in, it takes almost no time at all and it's something all landscape owners can do).

• All of our invoices are sent via email and are paid online (aka... a LOT faster and easier than via mail or calling clients for payment).

• We also get our clients to schedule their major Spring landscape maintenance long before Spring gets here, so we don't have scheduling issues (just figured this one out last year... two years ago we were booked out 2 months in advance and losing money because clients went elsewhere).

• We use certain apps to coordinate both landscape projects and lawn mowing between crews.

• All the mowing information automatically gets ported into a spreadsheet and automatically filled into invoices sent to all residential clients.

•*And a LOT more...

• THE POINT IS, I've spent a lot of time streamlining my business to give me more time with my family(my wife and I just bought our first house and had a baby three months ago) while using practical ways to produce incredible growth for the company.

I'm starting to develop an entire lawn and landscape business information product for other lawn and landscape business owners. It would be viewable from online and would contain video courses on how to largely automate a landscape company. You could watch the short videos whenever you wanted and all material included would be downloadable, customizable, and printable. Honestly, the cost of the course would probably be worth it just for the commercial documents we've created to help us reach, sell, acquire, and manage commercial properties. That's not including the residential client information or information on how we streamline the rest of the business.

Items the class could include:
• everything we used and how we automated online (aka... cheap) marketing to gain more residential clients and improve sales
•*how to generate leads through LinkedIn (yes, it's a thing, and it's how we signed the $110k through 6 emails)
-included would be the EXACT emails that we used to get these contracts (our gross sales increased $110k off of this one tactic, so it's clearly worth a GOOD amount of $$$)
•*the EXACT emails that help us schedule our clients' work weeks in advance
-copy and paste them and you're already on track to improving scheduling and cash flow (these emails alone are worth $1,000 for a marketing firm to develop)
•*the apps we use and how we use them to be sure no project information falls through the cracks
•*the EXACT commercial service agreements, contracts, pricing breakdowns, and presentations we use to get our commercial clients(this is the best information compiled from several large-scale companies, one which recently sold for $6 million)

SO...

My question is, would this information anything that would be helpful to you? If so, what that I mentioned would you find most valuable? Automated sales information? Crew management information? How we signed our commercial accounts? How we get leads for residential clients? Everything? What would you love to know outside of what I mentioned?(I'll share it, if I know it.) Did I mention anything that would NOT be valuable to you?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
David
Old 02-09-2015, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Should I email you my credit card number now or later?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-09-2015, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Kawizx,

Ha! Is that sarcasm?! Always hard to tell online.

Do you think any of that information would be helpful?
Old 02-09-2015, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It is sarcasm. Pretty sure the thread won't last long unless you are a sponsor though. Sounds great, what's your lawn biz websire
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-09-2015, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Now that I'm on my iPad I see u are a spinster haha. So where can we get more information.?
Old 02-09-2015, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawizx62003 View Post
Now that I'm on my iPad I see u are a spinster haha. So where can we get more information.?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-09-2015, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Kawizx,

What do you mean by spinster? I'm new to the lingo!

This post is the first time I've ever posted about this idea before so I don't have anywhere to send you for more info at the moment. Just trying to see if it would be of value to anyone before I hypothetically spend time creating it.

I got the idea because when I talked to other landscape owners, they seem to be interested in how we do things online.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-09-2015, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Oh, you mean sponsor. Yeah they shut the thread down so I had to pay to keep it up. Guess they tag me somewhere to be a sponsor? I've been on here a bit before looking for information, but haven't been thoroughly involved.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-09-2015, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Website is swiftlawn.biz
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-09-2015, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah I meant sponsor. Typing on this iPad is a pain.

Tags
business advice , commercial account , marketing , residential vs commercial , sales and marketing