Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-23-2002, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Lazer Z hydro problems

I have a Lazer with Sundstrand BDP-10L pumps. One of the pumps was leaking between the aluminum housing and the steel cover.

I pulled the pump, tore it down and put a new gasket in. I reinstalled the pump and now am having some trouble.

I can't seem to get the air out of the system. I cracked both the high pressure forward line, and the high pressure reverse line with the lever in a motion position. I got air from both lines. Also the reservoir cap has a breather hole and I'm getting some air from that.

I've ran the machine for about half an hour, moving the levers and it is not getting better. the oil is still full of air bubbles. It does seem to work better forward than reverse.

I've triple checked all connections and don't see where air can enter the system. Wondering if possibly I messed something up putting the pump back together? Was a pretty simple pump, but who knows, maybe I overlooked something.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-24-2002, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure if this helps at all but I changed the oil in a hydro mower before and it took a looooong time to bleed the air out. I thought for sure there was something wrong with it.