Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-25-2011, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
OK so who came home with an extra wife or maybe a divorce?

Same wife but dam my ribs are sore. Even with my blacked out Oakleys she could see my eyes fall out of my head. Got to the point she would poke me before I even saw the half clad hotties.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
The largest ADT that they don't produce you mean to say? They paint it and decal it. Bell makes it. The loader is most likely made by Liebber, but I not sure on that.
From what I've heard from others, the rock truck isn't a Bell. That loader is definitely all Deere, I think the only wheeled loaders in Deere's line that may have at one time (or still are) made by someone else was the two smallest ones. The new 755k is 100% as well, no longer a liebherr like the previous models.

"Once again, concussion by safety" -Mike Rowe
Old 03-25-2011, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim385 View Post
From what I've heard from others, the rock truck isn't a Bell. That loader is definitely all Deere, I think the only wheeled loaders in Deere's line that may have at one time (or still are) made by someone else was the two smallest ones. The new 755k is 100% as well, no longer a liebherr like the previous models.

If Bell doesn't build this ADT then it would be interesting to know who does. However the point was that Deere doesn't. Your point is taken on the loader. I was thinking about their dozer line and not the wheel loader my bad.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
If Bell doesn't build this ADT then it would be interesting to know who does. However the point was that Deere doesn't. Your point is taken on the loader. I was thinking about their dozer line and not the wheel loader my bad.
Just a clarifying point. The only machines in Deere's booth that wasn't designed and built in a Deere factory was the 470G and 1050J.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-26-2011, 01:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
The older Deere trucks were designed and built by Bell, then Deere started manufacturing them themselves to Bell's designs. The new truck has no Bell influence in it. Deere both designed, and builds the new truck. It's definitely not built by someone else.

As for the dozer line, if you check into it you'll find that Deere builds all of them except the two largest models, the 950 and 1050, and that will most likely be brought in house in the near future.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm_boy View Post
Just a clarifying point. The only machines in Deere's booth that wasn't designed and built in a Deere factory was the 470G and 1050J.
Posted via Mobile Device
Did Deere have any mini-ex's in their booth? If so, they were built by Airman and not Deere.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It looks like as of Thursday 117K people had been through the gates in Vegas. Guess we will see what the final numbers are. They say that 25% are from outside the U.S. which is a record. You can gleen for yourself what that means.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
I loved the asains that were going around taking pictures of all the new deere and cat equipment so they can copy it and make a new copycat machine. I laughed my ass off when the deere guy slammed the door shut so one couldnt get a picture of the pumps
That was awesome. Then there was the little guy trying to peel off cat stickers.
THEY JUST QUIT HORSIN AROUND
Old 03-27-2011, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
I loved the asains that were going around taking pictures of all the new deere and cat equipment so they can copy it and make a new copycat machine. I laughed my ass off when the deere guy slammed the door shut so one couldnt get a picture of the pumps
Edit: this isn't directed at you directly, Dirtman -- it's just a response to the thought of copy-catting in general. To put it bluntly, while there continues to be a large amount of copy-cating, you are sorely mistaken if you think that Chinese manufacturers are content to only copy Western equipment. Manufacturers who believe that all the photo taking is just for Chinese manufacturers to reverse engineer their own golden products are going to have a rude awakening. Given all the alleged resources and government backing of Chinese manufacturers, why wouldn't they just buy a machine and disassemble it? How effective are 2D photos of an assembled, inaccessible machine?

Quote:
It looks like as of Thursday 117K people had been through the gates in Vegas. Guess we will see what the final numbers are. They say that 25% are from outside the U.S. which is a record. You can gleen for yourself what that means.
We'll see what the numbers are, but this is the first Conexpo after the start of the recession. Regardless of whether the recession and down economy is completely over, in my opinion growth won't come back to the show immediately.

Last edited by Tigerotor77W; 03-27-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to hear more about the Terex displays. what were they highlighting? I think they are done buying out companies and may be starting to put more into developement as evidenced by their updated tlb designs.
Root Grapple
Box Blade
12" & 24" backhoe buckets
TT300E
Dingo TX425
GRI