Click for Weather

Old 03-25-2011, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Trugreen truck for sale on ebay

Seems like a decent deal to me:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Isuzu...item1e626e97fe
Old 03-25-2011, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It seems like every Isuzu that I see has that exact tear on the drivers seat. Looks like a decent deal, you just never know how a specific company, or even a specific branch maintains there vehicles. Some are meticulous and others know they cycle the vehicles so quickly that they don't care about maintenance.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnangel1 View Post
It seems like every Isuzu that I see has that exact tear on the drivers seat. Looks like a decent deal, you just never know how a specific company, or even a specific branch maintains there vehicles. Some are meticulous and others know they cycle the vehicles so quickly that they don't care about maintenance.
Yeah, in general though the isuzu's are good for 250,000 miles. So that one should have some life left in it. It does need some work. Obviously the pump/engine is missing and the electric motor for the reel is missing as well. But you could have a decent spray rig for under 10 grand. And best of all it should pull 20+ mpg.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

20+ mpg, I might buy that for my daily driver, I'm sick of getting 10 mpg's lol
Old 03-25-2011, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenIndustryAssociates View Post
20+ mpg, I might buy that for my daily driver, I'm sick of getting 10 mpg's lol
Tell me about it. If it weren't for plowing I would definitely be using a cabover.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasMWhite View Post
Tell me about it. If it weren't for plowing I would definitely be using a cabover.
What does using a cabover have to do with plowing? I have plowed in a cabover, it was actually easier as you could see the whole plow..
Old 03-25-2011, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf hokie View Post
What does using a cabover have to do with plowing? I have plowed in a cabover, it was actually easier as you could see the whole plow..
I have considered it and I bet it is much easier to see and use. But I service primarily residentials and a cabover is just a little to big for me to be dealing with.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasMWhite View Post
I have considered it and I bet it is much easier to see and use. But I service primarily residentials and a cabover is just a little to big for me to be dealing with.
Gotcha, I have only ever plowed commercial sites (I drive for another company), I dont know how you guys do residential. Whole different ballgame, I plow my driveway with an F550 extra cab, you can imagine the how much I have to repair in the spring.....
Old 03-25-2011, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

with the turning radious of a cab over I bet it would be pretty good in small driveways, especially the ones where you need to make a 90 degree turn in front of the garage. Small cabovers, I'm not talking about a 12 flatbed or box
Old 03-26-2011, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenIndustryAssociates View Post
with the turning radious of a cab over I bet it would be pretty good in small driveways, especially the ones where you need to make a 90 degree turn in front of the garage. Small cabovers, I'm not talking about a 12 flatbed or box
well a 12 foot body is about as small as it gets with a cabover and that's the problem. With the short wheel base and small turning radius it would seem like they would work fine. The problem is just the sheer size of the thing. It's taller, wider, and has a fair amount of tail swing, even with a short (12 foot) body.

I'm not saying it can't be done, it's just not ideal. I'll take my single cab 3/4 ton over it for plowing driveways any day.