Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-25-2011, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

17 hp This is my first real walkbehind, my brother has a cub 33 inch that I used all of last year. I also have a commercial 21 exmark to! The way the guy kept his equipment is what sold me on it everything in his garage was perfect! I passed a 2 days before this another turftracer with leaky hydros for 1500. So im glad I waited!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I also want to apologize my typing has been terible tonight for some reason!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nice trailer thats the next model up from mine with the tube style and heavier gate though I built a new one for mine. Did you get it out smouse? lookes like their sticker there on the jack. what size is it?
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Old 03-25-2011, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deere615 View Post
Nice trailer thats the next model up from mine with the tube style and heavier gate though I built a new one for mine. Did you get it out smouse? lookes like their sticker there on the jack. what size is it?
Great eye deere, yeah I bought it at smouse and its a 6.5x12. Its been a great trailer and a good investment. Btw I love your dump trailer it looks like it works great for you.. Good luck this season buddy!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak406 View Post
Great eye deere, yeah I bought it at smouse and its a 6.5x12. Its been a great trailer and a good investment. Btw I love your dump trailer it looks like it works great for you.. Good luck this season buddy!
Lol yeah they are a great deal and the guy out there is really nice well worth the drive. yeah mines a little longer-16ft. Yeah dump trailer was a great purchase for me but I will be needing a dump truck soon too
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Old 03-26-2011, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deere615 View Post
Lol yeah they are a great deal and the guy out there is really nice well worth the drive. yeah mines a little longer-16ft. Yeah dump trailer was a great purchase for me but I will be needing a dump truck soon too
Agreed although smouse is only 20 minutes or so from me, im guessing thats a good hour drive for you? Thats awesome you are gonna need a dump soon! Also there is a trailer dealer near me that deals sure trac, there trailers look sweet but there prices are rediculos!
Old 03-26-2011, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
17 hp This is my first real walkbehind, my brother has a cub 33 inch that I used all of last year. I also have a commercial 21 exmark to! The way the guy kept his equipment is what sold me on it everything in his garage was perfect! I passed a 2 days before this another turftracer with leaky hydros for 1500. So im glad I waited!
Man that is awesome and I too look to buy from people who keep everything clean and organized. It says tons about themselves and their business.

I did the exact same thing looking for a walkbehind. One week I was looking at a 90s model Toro 36 (great condition) but pistol gripped, older model and all that. I wanted to buy it but had to go out of town. He ended up selling the thing and then I turned around and got my metro (2006 w/ ECS controls and low hrs) for around the same price. This has happened with alot of things I have bought. I've learned that if I have any if's about it. Wait.

I'll be saving a grand a month for the next 6 months to buy a stander but I have a feeling one of these turf tracers will pop up after a few months and I'll jump on it. Wouldn't be a bad thing at all. All the new standers are crazy expensive (6-7k)

Test it out some more and post up a review of how it performs for me if you will..

-Griffin
Old 03-26-2011, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Pride View Post
Man that is awesome and I too look to buy from people who keep everything clean and organized. It says tons about themselves and their business.

I did the exact same thing looking for a walkbehind. One week I was looking at a 90s model Toro 36 (great condition) but pistol gripped, older model and all that. I wanted to buy it but had to go out of town. He ended up selling the thing and then I turned around and got my metro (2006 w/ ECS controls and low hrs) for around the same price. This has happened with alot of things I have bought. I've learned that if I have any if's about it. Wait.

I'll be saving a grand a month for the next 6 months to buy a stander but I have a feeling one of these turf tracers will pop up after a few months and I'll jump on it. Wouldn't be a bad thing at all. All the new standers are crazy expensive (6-7k)

Test it out some more and post up a review of how it performs for me if you will..

-Griffin
Sure thing man, its gonna be another couple weeks before the grass grows.. I cut my front yard with it today, im having problems turning (operator error, not machine) Were I worked before we used walkers, so turning this is a bit different (still getting used to controls) other than that though it runs and cuts great! Ill be sure to keep you updated though, be sure to keep in touch
Old 03-26-2011, 01:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Sure thing man, its gonna be another couple weeks before the grass grows.. I cut my front yard with it today, im having problems turning (operator error, not machine) Were I worked before we used walkers, so turning this is a bit different (still getting used to controls) other than that though it runs and cuts great! Ill be sure to keep you updated though, be sure to keep in touch
Yeah, the main reason I want one is because of the way it is controlled. My metro is just 5 forward gears and Reverse "assist" (which is BS. Only good for pulling off the trailer. No pulling power in turf) So sometimes the Metro can be difficult to manuever in smaller areas and leave it looking good, where the turf tracer has full on reverse like a ZTR or stander. That's a huge huge addition for me. That and the floating deck and the 17 or 19 horse. Even if it's a couple weeks send me a pm or post on here how you like it and how it cuts.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

sure thing man post back in a few weeks im hoping middle april we can start mowing, last year we started at the begining of april if I remember correctly!