Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-26-2011, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

It looks like a nice machine but you should know that it is not a 2005 or 2006. In 2004 exmark started using the kawasaki kai series engines on the turf tracers. Your machine is probably a 2002 or 2003. It could have been a leftover that was purchased in 2005 though. You can check on exmarks website using the serial number to be sure though.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
Looks good man, that's a good mower. Hope it works out for you
Thanks Tim, did you get your mower sold yet? How is the new job at the maintanence company?
Old 03-26-2011, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro36 View Post
It looks like a nice machine but you should know that it is not a 2005 or 2006. In 2004 exmark started using the kawasaki kai series engines on the turf tracers. Your machine is probably a 2002 or 2003. It could have been a leftover that was purchased in 2005 though. You can check on exmarks website using the serial number to be sure though.
Yeah I looked that up last night it is as he stated its a 04 model, if I remember correctly. Still Im happy with the condition its in, I ran it for a bit today to get used to the controls. I also cut what little grass I didnt get to in my yard last fall. Runs good! Btw thanks metro36
Old 03-26-2011, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak406 View Post
Thanks Tim, did you get your mower sold yet? How is the new job at the maintanence company?
I've got 1 more week to hear back from this guy before I pocket his "down payment" and put out another round of ads. I mean, he's not avoiding the issue, he told me 2 weeks a week ago, but he hasn't called to confirm, so I'm 99% sure he's getting it, but if not oh well, I'm not really in a hurry to sell it.

New job's great, thanks for asking. I'm working my way through their "tests" and whatnot to becoming a crew leader in the next couple weeks, so as long as I don't screw anything up, I'll be leading a grass crew which will be much nicer than being a line trimmer guy.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 03-26-2011, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice mower. Great deal on everything. Link to our thread. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=271490. And here is a link to a video we made on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjK8NZ-I4W4
Old 03-26-2011, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
I've got 1 more week to hear back from this guy before I pocket his "down payment" and put out another round of ads. I mean, he's not avoiding the issue, he told me 2 weeks a week ago, but he hasn't called to confirm, so I'm 99% sure he's getting it, but if not oh well, I'm not really in a hurry to sell it.

New job's great, thanks for asking. I'm working my way through their "tests" and whatnot to becoming a crew leader in the next couple weeks, so as long as I don't screw anything up, I'll be leading a grass crew which will be much nicer than being a line trimmer guy.
That sounds sweet I hope it works out for you!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlawncaresvc View Post
Nice mower. Great deal on everything. Link to our thread. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=271490. And here is a link to a video we made on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjK8NZ-I4W4
Thank you!!!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak406 View Post
Yeah I looked that up last night it is as he stated its a 04 model, if I remember correctly. Still Im happy with the condition its in, I ran it for a bit today to get used to the controls. I also cut what little grass I didnt get to in my yard last fall. Runs good! Btw thanks metro36
Zak, about the controls. I'm really interested to know how this machine goes in reverse.
How easy is it to go in reverse?
Is it pretty powerful in reverse?
It operates like a ZTR correct? Where you can make 3 point turns, instead of having to do a huge swing around like I do on my Metro? This is a big deal for me in determining if I buy one of these or not. Glad you're loving it.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Pride View Post
Zak, about the controls. I'm really interested to know how this machine goes in reverse.
How easy is it to go in reverse?
Is it pretty powerful in reverse?
It operates like a ZTR correct? Where you can make 3 point turns, instead of having to do a huge swing around like I do on my Metro? This is a big deal for me in determining if I buy one of these or not. Glad you're loving it.
To go in reverse, you just grip the controls tighter from neutral and the mower will go in reverse. The reverse is powerful...I mean, you get about 2 mph and has the same power as forward...just slower. And you can do a zero turn.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 03-26-2011, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=93Chevy;3957949]I've got 1 more week to hear back from this guy before I pocket his "down payment" and put out another round of ads. I mean, he's not avoiding the issue, he told me 2 weeks a week ago, but he hasn't called to confirm, so I'm 99% sure he's getting it, but if not oh well, I'm not really in a hurry to sell it.

What did you end up getting for it, if you don't mind me asking? I have the same exact 48" Snapper, bought it new last year, only has 9 hours on it and am looking to sell it.

If you don't want to post, PM me.