Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-02-2011, 04:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Take a look at this guy he is the one we worked for. http://m.topix.com/forum/city/erie-pa/T2JV2GR9QVK02LUEH
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-02-2011, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I would never work for some these national change companies, for the prices are just being driven down and the pay is getting slower.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm not trying to hijack yor thread, but I had a management company ( forget the name) call last year about a local 7-11. The wanted beds edged, mulched ( about 12 yards) shrubs trimmed, and 2 apps of fert. Their total budget was $400. I told them that my material alone would be over $400. I gave them my bid and never heard from them. Someone did the work.

If you choked a Smurf, what color would it turn?

I'd give my right hand , if I could be ambidextrous!
Old 04-03-2011, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJWIJNEN View Post
I would never work for some these national change companies, for the prices are just being driven down and the pay is getting slower.
Agreed!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-12-2011, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like they were looking for brickman to go in their to "maintain" there property. I gave what I thought was an aggressive bid on 3 properties my friends dad owns, and I was all set and good to go, and then brickman gave a bid a that was 1/4 of my bid, I don't see how they can be making money. my bid was around 2500 for all 3 properties, mowing, blowing, and trimimming everything as needed. and two of them have larger lawns, and an hr of trimming walking at 3-4mph. they bid around 625 a month for all the properties.....
Old 05-17-2011, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just had Springwise contact me for maintenance on their HEB properties at 5 locations. I talked with the guy over the phone and told him that I bid these properties two years ago. Well he looked in his system and found my bids and forwarded them to me to look over. Well I had to adjust them quite a bit and sent him the numbers back on 1 of the properties. He wants me to service ASAP but I am just not sure about it. I know the store manager and he said he was happy with the current company and didnt want to change so why is Springwise wanting to change? Springwise told me that they were unhappy with the job they were doing. Im just really confused and not too sure about it all.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like the big "box" stores are nothing but a PITA! $90 a week for a big target? thats crazy I get almost that for a small office/house. Not bragging or anything.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yikes! I'm sticking with all my painful resi's, (who mail me a check every month.)
Old 05-17-2011, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bel-nor View Post
Send them your bid for the work you may be the only one to respond. You have nothing to loose.
You sure? How about money or your business?

PS It's "lose" not "loose". Look it up.

PPS Yes, I know this from a couple months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTYOTA View Post
I've worked for Springwise, Divisions, Genesis... Bid on USM properties...

All they are concerned about is money. They all want you to do something for nothing. There is no concearn about quality. I've stoped doing work for most of the "management companies" there is no way you can make any money working for them. This is my oppion.[/QUO

We have worked with USM past 2 years on a couple of properties.They are always slow to pay,have to take pictures of everything,and have to call in every service to recieve an IVR #. Also every time you call your account manager they never call back or someone else has taken over the account. They reciently called about parking lot sweeping for a local Walmart
they were willing to pay 28.00 per night. They pay well on the mowing services , but 28.00 to blow off sidewalks , clean loading docks, and sweep the parkinglot, how does someone do this. I normally get 70.00 for this type of service. I will have around 30.00 in fuel and employee per service alone. Stay away is my advice. And no I am not sweeping for them, but someone is.
Interesting, as I believe USM lost all their sweeping and plowing work through WallyWorld as of the end of March. Not sure about landscraping, but I wouldn't think WW would keep them around for that after giving them the boot for the other work.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I shake my hear when I see/hear about people working for property management companies. They devalue our industry, and by working for them you're only helping.