Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-25-2011, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

True Green - We do it better!

A little story I heard today from a neighbor of a client. I'll call him Dan.

Dan says he got a door hanger from True Green, with a note that said, "We can do a much better job on your lawn than your current company".

Intrigued, Dan calls True Green about their offer. It goes like this.

Hello, my name is Dan ___ and you left this note on my door, that said, you guys can do a much better job on my lawn than my current company.

TG rep: "Yes sir, we believe we can."

Dan: "Then you guys need to know, who the hell your current customers are!"

Dan then fired them.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

give me a rimshot
Old 03-26-2011, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

LOL Now that's funny!
Old 03-26-2011, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

coming in my area cutting throats and I know they can last year cpl place i mow they spray in high winds and kill lots other stuff
Old 03-26-2011, 07:07 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Here are two videos from youtube about true green. One is the companies commercial - another is a customers video results of their lawn after using true brown for 24 months. which one do you guys feel is more accurate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du7FGFsKuRU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8XMbx7cQ-Y

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow that's funny, really unorganized.

I am not familiar with TrueGreen since I believe they are in the states only??

But to me, they sound a lot like a similar company here in Canada: Claiming to be the bigger company in the Canada, servicing more homes than any other lawn care company, but all of their services sucks, customers care is the same, and they always ignore your calls. Same with Weed-Man in Canada, once the company gets really big, seems they just don't care about quality work anymore lol
Complete lawn care services
Old 03-26-2011, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have never understood who would hire a company with the name chemlawn? That to me sounds like a toxic waste dumping site. Everyone who uses them has dead grass and weeds. One of my rental homes is next to an older lady who has TG/CL spray several times a year. However, she never irrigates so the yard looks like crap for 1/2 the year. What I have noticed is that pests thrive on the side of my property next to hers. She even gets her ficus hedge sprayed for whiteflies but it too is almost dead. Personally weeds do not bother me, only dry lawns do. I plow and till in compost before replacing my lawns and they get by on less irrigation and look great. There are some weeds and bugs but eventually they go away. Instead of wasting money on trugreen, how about installing sprinklers instead?
Old 03-26-2011, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I have never understood who would hire a company with the name chemlawn? That to me sounds like a toxic waste dumping site. Everyone who uses them has dead grass and weeds. One of my rental homes is next to an older lady who has TG/CL spray several times a year. However, she never irrigates so the yard looks like crap for 1/2 the year. What I have noticed is that pests thrive on the side of my property next to hers. She even gets her ficus hedge sprayed for whiteflies but it too is almost dead. Personally weeds do not bother me, only dry lawns do. I plow and till in compost before replacing my lawns and they get by on less irrigation and look great. There are some weeds and bugs but eventually they go away. Instead of wasting money on trugreen, how about installing sprinklers instead?
I think you bring up a good point about the irrigation. Even the pest L and O will have issues if moisture is lacking and the turf is stressed.
I have a client that has True Green on her lawn - the tech does a good job on color and for the most part on weeds - but pest is what he struggled with last year. So although I know they have the ability to do a decent job - I just wonder why the company does not understand that if they retained customers instead of just replacing them left and right, the would surely do better and the only way they are going to do that is by doing what they say they will for the price they say they will.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post

They recently dumped the ChemLawn part... now they are just TruGreen. It's all about image. Got some purdy "ice cream style" trucks running around here.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Its not just TG, I find most spray companies in my area are a bunch of worthless jackasses that cant do a simple job.

There once was a local company that could get turf green and keep weeds out. They were Ron Fee. They got bought out and it was downhill from there.

Seems like the big maintenance companies that offer pest management on commercial places do a decent job.