Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-23-2012, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb195 View Post
So are you still working for that bigger company? I like how yall have the big trailers to haul around the kubotas it looks cool.
yes i will be working there a couple days a week. Will be working for myself atleast thursday and friday and if a need days off for other work i can get em. If im jus cutting i only need those 2 day any more work and ill either do it on the weekends on take a day off. Been busy as of late so who knows

Also thinkg of paying my parents off early if possible and getting a dump truck for this winter to plow with this winter.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

did some cutting today so here is some pics of a new account but now is story time

So a couple weeks ago my friend was at WAWA(for those of you who know what that is). He had his truck our small trailer and his john deere 318 rider. Some guy comes up to him and ask if he wa interested in some mowing accounts so he got his number and said i would call him once i was home from school. So i called today and the guys works for H&K group(not the gun maker) they are a very big site contracting company who also do commercial hardscaping and i guess they had some mowing accounts so i am meeting him tomorrow. Im guessing its gonna be commercial mowing and by the size of their company it could be some large accounts so we will see what i get. I just found it kinda funny how a company that big asked a 20 year old with a non commercail mower and small trailer(not that its a bad thing) to work with them but hey im not complaining
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2012, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

been very busy doing mulch work as well as cutting up to 28 weekly accounts and 2 byweekly. Ive been able to pay my parents back $2000 of what i owe them so far. Ive just been using my mulching money to pay them and have been putting all the grass money in the bank so ive been thinking of getting a dump earlier than i thought. Im booked for 3 weeks of mulching so with that work im gonna be close to paying them off so i went and looked at a dump today. Its a 2008 F550 with 33k miles with the plow 4x4 9ft dump body for 38K. So after i get done all my mulching and i see how much i have saved from cutting i might be moving on the truck so heres a pic of it
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2012, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks good, think I may of drove by you sometime last week.
Wright Stander
Exmark zero turns
Fisher And Western Plows
Old 05-05-2012, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by havenlax18 View Post
Looks good, think I may of drove by you sometime last week.
Where at was it my Silverado?
Old 05-06-2012, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Glad to hear everything is working out for ya real well, and I really like the 550 man.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Like the 550 and glad to hear your growing. But what do you intend to use the truck for?

If you do a ton of stonework/concrete/or do salting, great the 550 would be a prefect match.

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics
Old 05-06-2012, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
Like the 550 and glad to hear your growing. But what do you intend to use the truck for?

If you do a ton of stonework/concrete/or do salting, great the 550 would be a prefect match.

I need a truck to plow with this winter so it coming with a plow is a plus. I also do a fair amount of tree work later in the summer so itll help for that. For mulching next year itll help a ton and i have 2 hardscaping jobs lined up for next year already lined up so im gonna need to tow some machines and my silverado wont do that. I had already been looking for a work truck and was willing to fiance a truck around 30k and then i would have to get a plow for it so this would be close to that and if i was going to buy a 2500 sized truck i would be getting a dump trailer with it and that would end up costing more than this truck. Overall i think a dump will fit my type of work load better
Old 05-06-2012, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Personally if i was you i would get a one ton truck and use a dump insert or get a dump trailer. IMHO i think you would be better off to go that route. We didnt acquire a dump truck until we started having more than one crew landscaping. When we were smaller and mowing and landscaping with the same truck we used a dump trailer. Much cheaper and a lot more versatile. You can un hook the trailer and take off and have a driver truck where as our dump truck is strictly for work purposes only obviously but just giving you my opinion and good luck to you this year.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks man for me personally i think it will suit me better the dump will be for work better for me and will only be a work truck the silverado will still be my personal truck