Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-23-2012, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat 320D LRR View Post
My new to me Turf Tracer i just got and some stripes form the tiger cat along with one from the turf tracer. still getting used to the ecs controls
Which ones are strips from them tiger cat... I'm thinking out getting one. Got a demo tomorrow or the 52"

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 08-23-2012, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My Tiger Cat is a 48 and it stripes well, I have a Lazer too which also stripes well though. They both have a nice cut I think, the controls and comfort level of each is different though. A lot of the stripes in my thread are from the Tiger Cat.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades Lawn Maintenance View Post
Which ones are strips from them tiger cat... I'm thinking out getting one. Got a demo tomorrow or the 52"
the new scag velocity deck is in my opinion is the best deck out there. i do like the turf tracer alot and it does great as a walk behind but the scags stripes so much nicer
Old 08-23-2012, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

thinking of going to look at this truck 2005 with 65k on the clock and has a plow gonna give the guy a call tomorrow and see what i can do
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2012, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Be very very careful buying a used plow truck. Things to look out for excessive rust on frame along with stress fractures, brake and fuel lines, transmission issues (burnt smell, klicks bumps and klunks).

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics
Old 08-24-2012, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

In my experience, from close friends and family members. Buying a 6.0L with around 55k or a 100k km's never seems to work out so well. Its hit and miss with that motor. Sometimes right after warranty is up people will fix the common problems with the motor just as a safety, or insurance if you will. Other times they could become a hassle and people just want them gone.

My brother's had 100k km's on it, it gave him a ton of trouble so he did all the work to it (ARP head studs, EGR delete, straight piper, intake etc etc) After that it was fine for a little while then it continuously had electrical bugs. After about $13k in repairs in like 9 months he got fed up and sold it. For the next owner, it has all the common problems fixed, once he fixes the electrical it could be a solid truck.

Better experiences have come from my friends who've bought a truck with like over 200k kms. My friends bought his a little under 300k a while ago, right after everything was gone over including all new front end and everything. Overall for the price he paid in comparison to my brother, that was a much smarter buy.

Something to think about, I'm no expert. Honestly I don't know if these problems exist in the 550 class, I think they likely do because its the same motor but you never know. If you're not familiar with the inner workings of a 6.0L Ford, get familiar with it BEFORE you buy one.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.T. View Post
In my experience, from close friends and family members. Buying a 6.0L with around 55k or a 100k km's never seems to work out so well. Its hit and miss with that motor. Sometimes right after warranty is up people will fix the common problems with the motor just as a safety, or insurance if you will. Other times they could become a hassle and people just want them gone.

My brother's had 100k km's on it, it gave him a ton of trouble so he did all the work to it (ARP head studs, EGR delete, straight piper, intake etc etc) After that it was fine for a little while then it continuously had electrical bugs. After about $13k in repairs in like 9 months he got fed up and sold it. For the next owner, it has all the common problems fixed, once he fixes the electrical it could be a solid truck.

Better experiences have come from my friends who've bought a truck with like over 200k kms. My friends bought his a little under 300k a while ago, right after everything was gone over including all new front end and everything. Overall for the price he paid in comparison to my brother, that was a much smarter buy.

Something to think about, I'm no expert. Honestly I don't know if these problems exist in the 550 class, I think they likely do because its the same motor but you never know. If you're not familiar with the inner workings of a 6.0L Ford, get familiar with it BEFORE you buy one.
ive got a buddy whose real good with motors and stuff and has a 6.0 F550 as well. But i have been reading as much as i can and im hoping since it has the farm decals it didnt plow a whole lot
Old 08-25-2012, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

some recent stripes lawns are growing here sorta still some dead stops
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2012, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

pics of a lawn from today. Been working on some bush hog work as well for next year with a utility tractor as well as adding more lawns to have 5 full days of cutting with 2 guys is my goal
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2012, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

some stripes
Attached Images