Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-09-2012, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Great work!
Old 03-10-2012, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

picked up 2 more weekly mowing accounts today 2 mulch jobs a cleanup and a small drainage job from the 100 flyers we handed out yesterday put another 500 out today
Old 03-10-2012, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Keep going, that's sweet to see how many you've picked up from just the 100 flyers you put out, hopefully you keep getting more from this batch of flyers as well.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
Keep going, that's sweet to see how many you've picked up from just the 100 flyers you put out, hopefully you keep getting more from this batch of flyers as well.
yea man it was nice to get some calls from people we never met before and getting work for them. Hopefully we get alot of calls tomorrow and also just decided this after talking to my parents. After this semester im leaving school and coming home for focus on the company and going to community college or local school and take class 2 days a week and working the others.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat 320D LRR View Post
yea man it was nice to get some calls from people we never met before and getting work for them. Hopefully we get alot of calls tomorrow and also just decided this after talking to my parents. After this semester im leaving school and coming home for focus on the company and going to community college or local school and take class 2 days a week and working the others.
Yeah, hopefully you see a real good reply from the ones you just put out, and going to a community college should really help you company going and still let you get your college education.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

does anyone on here do seal coating we put it on our flyer and have gotten a couple calls about it? its it worth the work to do it?
Old 03-24-2012, 03:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Cant wait for go out for the first cut this week. Also got some more mulching work and got a plowing gig for this upcoming with with a large plowing contractor. So with that around October im going to be looking for a 2500 Dmax. Very Excited for the future
Old 03-30-2012, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well today started well and ended bad...... very bad We got our first cut in and it turned out pretty well. Now the bad, our trailer was getting inspected so we dont have it till monday so we used a 5x10 so we could only bring our walkbehind and it blew its trans. the mower was my friends who co owned the company with me so he got all pissed. I found us a 48in metro my uncle had so we were good to go again. On my way to look at a job i gotta text saying he didnt wanna do this anymore and i was counting on him to cut for us for the last 3 weeks while im back at school. So im trying to get it figured out. Was quite mad at him and never though a friend would do this. The company was my idea and he asked if he could chip in stuff and get a 50/50 split of ownership but i guess who ever said owning a company with your friends is a bad idea was right in this case but here are 2 lawns we cut today
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2012, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Man I hope everything works out for you and that "friend" sounds like a real d!ck, and I bet once you get through this you'll find out your better with out him.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
Man I hope everything works out for you and that "friend" sounds like a real d!ck, and I bet once you get through this you'll find out your better with out him.
yea man idk ive known him since 1st grade and have played baseball together since then till we graduated high school. Another thing that stinks is our rider was in his nice and he offered for me to make payments or he was gonna sell it so i decided to look in a different way and found a Bobcat 52in rider with 120hrs for 3500 so im hoping to pick that up this week.