Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-26-2011, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Mustang 2700V

I stopped and got to take a look at the Mustang 2700V today. I didn't get a chance to try it out but definitely would like to sometime. I thought the cab was nice and the specs look pretty good. What do you think?
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2011, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think they put the hydraulic ports on the wrong side of the loader arms, or do they just appear to be sticking up too high?

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 03-27-2011, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the looks of the machine, but I agree with Ron on the hydraulic couplers. You shoudn't have to step over hoses to get in the door.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
I think they put the hydraulic ports on the wrong side of the loader arms, or do they just appear to be sticking up too high?
With High flow it puts them on both sides. They do the same thing with Gehl which is the same thing. If you look close you can see on the close side the silver just sticking up above the arm.

Stuve what is the operating weight on this? Gehl came out with the V270 last year and begining of Feb rolled out the larger V330 so I would think mustand will roll out a v3300?

I like the vertical lift of these.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Last night I just couldn't get the other pictures of it to load but will try again. I think the 2700V is around 8000 pounds? I wonder how much difference the 2700V is to the 3300V? Probably not enough to justify the extra they want.

I still can't get the picture of the front to load but this machine had high flow so the hookups were on both sides.
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2011, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

the 3300V/ v330 (Gehl) is 1000lbs more operating weight and 600lbs more ROC than the 2700V/ V270

I like the setup. I am gonna look at trading in for the V270 in a year. My 5640 is oil cooled and the year after I bought mine they went to liquid cooled that I hear runs a bit better and I like the vertical lift. Seems like a long machine atleast longer than mine so my VTS might not switch over.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The VTS is really long, I forget how much longer it is compared to my Case but it has a lot of track on the ground. It was 78.5" wide track to track so you could fit on a regular trailer. The lap bar was interesting, it tipped down and had some adjustments. Overall I thought it was a machine I would like to try out given the chance.

Newswede, the 330/3300 is that much heavier? I had looked real quick at the dimensions and lift height and thought it was the same but should have looked at all the specs.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
The VTS is really long, I forget how much longer it is compared to my Case but it has a lot of track on the ground. It was 78.5" wide track to track so you could fit on a regular trailer. The lap bar was interesting, it tipped down and had some adjustments. Overall I thought it was a machine I would like to try out given the chance.

Newswede, the 330/3300 is that much heavier? I had looked real quick at the dimensions and lift height and thought it was the same but should have looked at all the specs.
the 330/ 3300 is 9010lbs operating weight and 3300 ROC I noticed the lap bar different and I noticed the speaker for a radio are moved down to either side of the seat. The rounded front window is nice too and must be the HVAC on the back of the cab. Best of all an integrated cup holder!
I have to say some nice changes and development on a brand that gets picked on because it isn't one of the "popular" brands.