Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-30-2011, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Best Place to buy parts

My local dealers basically stock oil/fuel filters and some basic belts/blades but they just dont carry broad enough selection. What internet based company has the parts in-stock and ships quick.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Mowpart.com or partstree.com
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-27-2011, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS LLC View Post
Mowpart.com or partstree.com
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes, Mowpart.com is definately where I'll be getting my stuff from now on, if my local dealer doesn't have it.

I ordered sum stuff from there last week for the first time. The prices were very reasonable (actually cheaper than other places) and the shipping cost wasn't bad either (even though the shipping charge was more than the parts!). The package got here, what i consider, Fast to my location! I used the standard UPS Ground too.
They really seem like they have their act together with everything they have to offer with parts for different manufacturers, at Low Prices all in one place. I also absolutely Love their easy-to-use website and checkout procedure.

So, hats off to Mowpart.com!
'09 Hustler Super Z 60" 31 hp Kawasaki, Echo SRM-210 trimmer, Redmax HBZ 2601 blower, '98 Massey Ferguson 231 utility tractor, 5' Bush Hog 285 rotary cutter, 5.5' King Kutter box blade, 6.5' United disc harrow, United middle buster, Dearborn single row cultivator, single row HD row hippers, Bark Buster pto log splitter, log skidding "tongs", 6' Fred Cain landscape rake, LMC boom pole, drawbar, '09 Honda Foreman 500 4x4 FPE, '04 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS
Old 04-27-2011, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

This is the company I use, seems to have a good selection with reasonable shipping. I placed a order monday morning and it was here yesterday afternoon, three boxes, couldn't believe how fast.

http://www.texasmowerparts.com/
Old 04-27-2011, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think that JD Thomas is the only company in the US that has a pretty complete inventory of parts down to bolts ...
Old 04-28-2011, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thought I'd mention...

I just made another parts order online for my Echo trimmer. I went to partstree.com, texasmowerparts.com, and j-thomas.com to figure up the totals.
Mowpart.com was still cheaper than the rest, with shipping included to my location (South LA). (Mowpart.com is in TX)
The shipping I used was the regular UPS ground. I don't need my parts today or tomorrow so I don't know what the price would have been at ANY of the websites mentioned, If I would have upgraded the shipping.

From my own personal experience from searching around and punching numbers on each of the sites, and others, I find that I like Mowpart.com the absolute best.
'09 Hustler Super Z 60" 31 hp Kawasaki, Echo SRM-210 trimmer, Redmax HBZ 2601 blower, '98 Massey Ferguson 231 utility tractor, 5' Bush Hog 285 rotary cutter, 5.5' King Kutter box blade, 6.5' United disc harrow, United middle buster, Dearborn single row cultivator, single row HD row hippers, Bark Buster pto log splitter, log skidding "tongs", 6' Fred Cain landscape rake, LMC boom pole, drawbar, '09 Honda Foreman 500 4x4 FPE, '04 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS
Old 04-29-2011, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
I think that JD Thomas is the only company in the US that has a pretty complete inventory of parts down to bolts ...
I think you meant J Thomas in Wisconsin. They are good as well as Russo Power in IL. The flat rate shipping at J Thomas is great. I did Next Day Air on a wheel motor for very little extra.

If J Thomas doesn't have it Russo will. I had Russo ship me a pair of the 261T's when they were discontinued. I'm not impressed with the prices the other parts places mentioned have at all. One of those places is run by Hill Country Outdoor Power on Hwy 290.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:21 AM
LawnSite Member

I live right down the road from Mowparts. I have been doing business with them for years.Have never had any problems with service or the parts are about as good price your going to find.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
Bought a set of hydraulic dampeners for my Toro Z through them. They were aftermarket (as I suspected). Lasted 100-200 hours, then began to leak oil. Trash...kinda pissed me off.

Bought a blade and transmission belt for my Exmark metro 36. Blade belt was incorrect, didn't last long. Transmission belt had a poor fit, kept twisting around on the pulley.

All-in-all, I prefer not to buy parts from J Thomas anymore. I've had good luck with Mowmore however.

Last edited by ochosdaddy; 04-30-2011 at 01:39 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWTRACTOR View Post
I live right down the road from Mowparts. I have been doing business with them for years.Have never had any problems with service or the parts are about as good price your going to find.
I don't live anywhere near where Mowpart is actually located, but i can tell you this; As long as they have the part I need, I personally won't order from anywhere else online, until I'm no longer satisfied with them.

Tags
internet , parts , service