Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-29-2011, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Member

yazoo kees/Husqvarna

Has anyone used the yazoo kees mid max zt or the Husqvarna p-zt? Whats your like and dislikes about the mower?

Thanks
Old 03-29-2011, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Member

They are new models so bet there isn't much field usage on those units yet.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i have found out the hard way you get what you pay for. hustler isnt the same as exmark
PUSH MOWERS LAWN BOY AND TORO PROLINE
All STILH
ENCORE 8HP PUSH BLOWER
VERMEER 630B STUMP GRINDER
Old 03-29-2011, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABBERS View Post
i have found out the hard way you get what you pay for. hustler isnt the same as exmark
The MSRP for Husqvarna PZs range from $9300 to $15K, and the P-ZTs range from $6900 to $7500 MSRP. If that's not enough, you might be able to talk your local dealer into letting you pay more. The internet can be your friend...
Old 03-29-2011, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Member

I purchased a new Yazoo Kees Max3 60/29 kaw(Same as Husky). I have used Exmark Lazer Z previously and demoed Next Lazer Z (and many others)before purchase. This is the best mower for money out now. It is just as good if not better than the Exmark. It handles better. The deck is the best part as they have something figured out that nobody else does, just look at the baffles. Husky is the largest mowing company in the world. They have put a lot of money into R & D of equipment. The deck never clogs up to where its pooping out grass like the Exmarks do. I just sharpened blades and my TurfTracer deck was really clogged from cutting wet grass for the past few days and took me about 10 min to clean it. The Yazoo deck took 30 sec to clean some grass build up around spindle housing. It really is an amazing mower for the money. Or spend an extra $2-5k for the hype.

Notice this is the only mower i can think of that didnt NAME their decks. Ultracut 8 coming soon!
Old 03-29-2011, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Member

There is a difference from the PZ and the PZ-T. PZ-T has a lighter deck and lighter duty drive system, hence the cheaper price.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Member

I think Yazoo Kees Max3 is same as Husky PZ. I paid a hair over $8k for mine. Its really a steal .
Old 03-29-2011, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Member

That is true but OP was looking at the PZ-T. If I remember right it had Z-3400 for drive system instead of the Pump/wheel motor or the Z-5400 drives
Old 03-30-2011, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordtimothy View Post
That is true but OP was looking at the PZ-T. If I remember right it had Z-3400 for drive system instead of the Pump/wheel motor or the Z-5400 drives
3400's according to their website. Digging around on Exmark's site, I think a fair comparison to the PZ-T would be either the Lazer S or E series. It sounds, looking at their info, that they too use an integrated IZT-style tranny: "Two Exmark exclusive Parker unitized pump and wheel motor systems with no hoses..." Is that marketing speak for IZT, and if not, what's the difference? Mowing speeds are almost the same, all have 12cc pumps, and only 33# difference between P-ZT6126 (or 6128) and LZS27KC604, and only 5# between the Husq and the LZE27KC604. Not seeing this supposedly huge build quality difference on "paper". Couldn't find Exmark pricing online.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Exmark still has a pump and separate wheel motor the are in one shell connected with 2 3 inch pipes if you took it apart it looks just like the system of old, the pioneer series runs the 3400 ezt transaxle so the to me before you buy the pzt buy a ms mower
Posted via Mobile Device