Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-20-2011, 07:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by a plus bob View Post
Let me know how that rear discharge deck cuts George. You dont see many of those around.
what am i sposed to do? take pictures or something you know i hate taking pictures

we've had nothing but rain for days so if all goes well we'll use it next weekend
Old 05-31-2011, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

here ya go bob the grass was tall thick slightly damp and i left the dull blades on cause we wanted to make sure everything worked right first but considering all that i think it did a great job i was very happy dad was happy hopefully tomorrow or thursday i'll get the deck off, see if it got cleaned up at all from the combination of use and ff and, get the new blades on then saturday we'll really see how it cuts either way it looks like it's gonna be well worth the 200 bucks i spent on it
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2011, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

got the deck off yesterday and the new blades put on, cut for 4-5 hours on the old ones in that tall yucky grass and hardly anything was stuck to the deck couple of clumps but nothing major. the ff soaked right in and did it's job marvelously i just wonder why sometimed the metal seams to turn black and sometimes it doesn't i had 1 nut that didn't want to come off, gave it a shot of ff, 10 minutes later it was in my hand and it was time to put the new blades on
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2011, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i'm having some trouble getting the deck set right, it practically scallped my neighbors front lawn but did ok on the back i figured out how to adjust the pitch so hopefully it does better tomorrow
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2011, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

been too long since i updated this, things have been hectic round here. after the pics in the last post i did get the deck right and it cuts nice, still like the way it stripes, here's one pic from 6/4 then we jump to 7/14 when i was in the middle of the tear down process. had soaked the roll pin in the steering wheel with ff and it came right out with a few wacks of the punch/hammer, changed the shifter boot and sprayed all the linkage. never use a used rubber, it might be torn and cause u problems
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2011, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

the hi/low shifter works a lot better now the rear end has a dipstick for the gear oil and here i thought the only dipstick besided the oil was the one ridin it... the deck came out great, a lil ff sure went a long way! if i had taken the spindles etc out i woulda done an even better job. i was very impressed with how clean everything came
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2011, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

had ff'd the underside of the deck belt covers before putting them back on. for not havin a sand blaster i am still impressed with how clean the rusted area;s came thanks to ff. even my old man who's done auto body for almost 40 years has never seen anything like this before. ff rokks! the front attach-a-matic was practically froze. we figure it had never been worked til we took it off. sprayed ff all over it and it loosened right up
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2011, 02:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Great pics and info as usual! Thank you General!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

coated the frame where the attatch-a-mattic plate bolts up and the pivot point on the axle, did the axle shafts so the tires would go on easily
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2011, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

did the steering gears at the end of the steering column then once everything wa spainted it was time to put it back together coated all the back/undersides of all the sheetmetal, rubbed it in on most places except like the hood and seat where it needed to be lined up i left it thick so the pieces would slide easily til everything was adjusted and tight, also found out that a coat of ff on freshly painted bolt heads keeps the socket from tearing the paint back off
Attached Images