Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-25-2002, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Home made striping kits ?

Just curious as to you guys who make your own chain dragging striping kits. Dont those drag across the driveways or streets when crossing them ? Do they damage the cement ? If they do drag the driveways and other paved areas that will burr and cut into the chain which when being dragged across the grass wont that rip and tear at the grass from all the burs in the metal chains ? That seems to me like that could make for some problems. Just curious if you guys have came across that or even thought of that part
Old 09-25-2002, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Member

There was a site here awhile back, I don't remember where but the search might help. It showed a company that made ones that looked like and I think were PVC pipe with sand in them. You could actually tell how they were made, they gave the demensions. They looked great. Good luck findin them.

Schlepie
Old 09-25-2002, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The company he is refering to is Big League Lawns. I dont know the site off hand, and they are a sponsor on the "other" site.
Old 09-27-2002, 02:58 AM
LawnSite Member

bunton man

I made one from chain, learned about here. Made it a little different for my machine. Anyway, no burrs. I drive it over all kinds of surfaces. I watch it on cement, it bounces and flops and the cement acts as sort of a grinding stone on the chain. I love it, works great, turn lots of heads
2002 c/c s/b White w/ blk flares, ez amp and duramaximiser, fipk, dynomax muffler on oem 3.5 inch exhaust, husky floor liners and mud flaps, vent visors, stock tires for now( snow season weight concerns), amsoil bumper to bumper. Waiting for tech iv programer and 255/85/16 tires

pics-http://www.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=5829509/t_=5150581
Old 09-27-2002, 04:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i have a few customers that we've installed them on their choppers, they work great, but....the always seem to get caught on my trailer ramp and grab everything...sticks, straws, ect....