Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-01-2011, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crasmith View Post
Trying to reply from my phone wasn't easy! Anyway, my question was: do I need to let the paint wear off the new mower deck before I spray it down or should I just go ahead and soak her? Thanks!

Craig
i figured it had somethin to do with your phone... mine is nothing but bare metal because the powder coat flaked off in sheets. i didn't start using ff on it until the flaking had already started the choice is up to you but, i would do it now then check often to see when it needs to be re-applied. by the end of the season you should have it down for your specific needs
Old 04-01-2011, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
When I bought my new Scag, the first thing I did was undercoat it! I sprayed it on nice and thick, let it sit for a day or so and used the mower for a couple days, then retreated with a light coat. The deck is spotless...oh and I never rub it in, except when I spray it on the truck or the tops of the mowers to shine it up!
Cool! That's what i will do then! Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-01-2011, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYNYRD View Post
i figured it had somethin to do with your phone... mine is nothing but bare metal because the powder coat flaked off in sheets. i didn't start using ff on it until the flaking had already started the choice is up to you but, i would do it now then check often to see when it needs to be re-applied. by the end of the season you should have it down for your specific needs
Thanks! Im sure i will get it diwn after using it for a while. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-01-2011, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Member

I am getting my first ZTR delivered next week. A Bob-Cat Fastcat Pro 61/24 Kawasaki. I am not a mechanically inclined person as this is my personal mower and I sell Insurance for a living.
So with that said is there anywhere that Fluid Film should not be sprayed?

Any suggestions or tips for me would be greatly appreciated.

I also need to find a dealer, as the one closest to me no longer sells it. He told me a can of PAM spray from the grocery store would be the same as Fluid Film. I thanked him for the info and got off the phone. Probably will order it online.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlb96 View Post
I am getting my first ZTR delivered next week. A Bob-Cat Fastcat Pro 61/24 Kawasaki. I am not a mechanically inclined person as this is my personal mower and I sell Insurance for a living.

I also need to find a dealer, as the one closest to me no longer sells it. He told me a can of PAM spray from the grocery store would be the same as Fluid Film. I thanked him for the info and got off the phone. Probably will order it online.
The only place that I try not to spray it is on the exhaust. It doesn't hurt it but it'll smoke like crazy! lol

You seem to know already but PAM will definitely not do the same thing! If you can't find it local you can get it at kellsportproducts.com!
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 04-02-2011, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A place called shoplet has good prices if you need a case.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:28 AM
LawnSite Member

also try amazon.com
Old 04-02-2011, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post
The only place that I try not to spray it is on the exhaust. It doesn't hurt it but it'll smoke like crazy! lol

You seem to know already but PAM will definitely not do the same thing! If you can't find it local you can get it at kellsportproducts.com!

i don't spray it anywhere you need to walk and i think twice about applying to anything you constantly need to be picking up, especially a hammer handle

i told a guy at work who has very minimul experience with ff that pam is the same thing and he wet himself from laughing
Old 04-04-2011, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Got in another three cans of FF on Friday. Got two keyrings included from Kellsports. Thanks Bob! Still looking for a tshirt!!! :-)
Old 04-04-2011, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

You can find a fluid film dealer closest to you on our website at www.fluid-film.com