Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-12-2011, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Wilden Pump problems

I have a T8 wilden pump. I added a quick drying additive and black beauty sand. I changed the valve ball from rubber to teflon but i didnt change the seats. I am still having issues the balls seam to be imbedded with sand now. What should i do ? Change the seats from steel to teflon? also its not spraying up to its potential. Has anyone had these problems?
Old 04-12-2011, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Take the top and bottom cones off. (at least thats what I call them) and you will probably find sand plugged between the two holes with the seats.
Have to dig the sand out, then run the pump with water for a couple minutes.

With sealer being thick, i dont think your problem is with the seats, as they dont actually have to seat as secure as you think they would.

Its going to be sand plugged between the holes.

Additive causes this especially if you leave the pump off for a couple days with the material still in there.

To solve the problem, at the end of the day, if im using heavy additive, I turn the tank off, open the inlet, with a 2 inch suction hose, and I suck out a couple 5 gallon buckets of water through the pump and into the tank. That keeps it cleaned out pretty good and isnt enough to throw off the mix design to any degree that matters.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROCUT1 View Post
Take the top and bottom cones off. (at least thats what I call them) and you will probably find sand plugged between the two holes with the seats.
Have to dig the sand out, then run the pump with water for a couple minutes.

With sealer being thick, i dont think your problem is with the seats, as they dont actually have to seat as secure as you think they would.

Its going to be sand plugged between the holes.

We took the lower and upper balls out and cleaned them only to find out that sand was in only one side could the diaphrams be bad?

Additive causes this especially if you leave the pump off for a couple days with the material still in there.

To solve the problem, at the end of the day, if im using heavy additive, I turn the tank off, open the inlet, with a 2 inch suction hose, and I suck out a couple 5 gallon buckets of water through the pump and into the tank. That keeps it cleaned out pretty good and isnt enough to throw off the mix design to any degree that matters.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-15-2011, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like you are running the pump before you have the material mixed completly. Always clean the lines at the end of the day with water , I mix 10 minuted before I engage the pump , but first open the dump valve and drain about 4 gallons to get any settled material out , and just dump it in the tank