Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Sealcoatit Sealcoatit is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2
Wilden Pump problems

I have a T8 wilden pump. I added a quick drying additive and black beauty sand. I changed the valve ball from rubber to teflon but i didnt change the seats. I am still having issues the balls seam to be imbedded with sand now. What should i do ? Change the seats from steel to teflon? also its not spraying up to its potential. Has anyone had these problems?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-12-2011, 10:15 PM
PROCUT1's Avatar
PROCUT1 PROCUT1 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: TN
Posts: 4,836
Take the top and bottom cones off. (at least thats what I call them) and you will probably find sand plugged between the two holes with the seats.
Have to dig the sand out, then run the pump with water for a couple minutes.

With sealer being thick, i dont think your problem is with the seats, as they dont actually have to seat as secure as you think they would.

Its going to be sand plugged between the holes.

Additive causes this especially if you leave the pump off for a couple days with the material still in there.

To solve the problem, at the end of the day, if im using heavy additive, I turn the tank off, open the inlet, with a 2 inch suction hose, and I suck out a couple 5 gallon buckets of water through the pump and into the tank. That keeps it cleaned out pretty good and isnt enough to throw off the mix design to any degree that matters.
__________________
Trying to figure out how to get rich and not leave my bed.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-14-2011, 05:23 AM
Sealcoatit Sealcoatit is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROCUT1 View Post
Take the top and bottom cones off. (at least thats what I call them) and you will probably find sand plugged between the two holes with the seats.
Have to dig the sand out, then run the pump with water for a couple minutes.

With sealer being thick, i dont think your problem is with the seats, as they dont actually have to seat as secure as you think they would.

Its going to be sand plugged between the holes.


We took the lower and upper balls out and cleaned them only to find out that sand was in only one side could the diaphrams be bad?

Additive causes this especially if you leave the pump off for a couple days with the material still in there.

To solve the problem, at the end of the day, if im using heavy additive, I turn the tank off, open the inlet, with a 2 inch suction hose, and I suck out a couple 5 gallon buckets of water through the pump and into the tank. That keeps it cleaned out pretty good and isnt enough to throw off the mix design to any degree that matters.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Mdirrigation Mdirrigation is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,377
Sounds like you are running the pump before you have the material mixed completly. Always clean the lines at the end of the day with water , I mix 10 minuted before I engage the pump , but first open the dump valve and drain about 4 gallons to get any settled material out , and just dump it in the tank
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:30 PM.

Page generated in 0.07926 seconds with 9 queries