Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-31-2011, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

How much do you pay for Pine Bark Nuggets?

I've done some calling and got the following prices from some local garden supply companies for Pine Bark Mix mulch (PBM) and Pine Bark Nuggets (PBN).

Company 1

PBM 30
PBN 38

Company 2

PBM 24
PBN 35

Company 3

PBM 20.80
PBN 36

All of the prices are based on the full charge (delivery included which is based on delivery of 10 yards (easy number to calculate)) per yard of mulch.

Is it just me, or do these prices for pine bark nuggets seem quite high to you guys? I would love to get the job I'm estimating for, because a weekly mowing job is attached to it, but I would also like to make a profit on the mulch.

So the bottom line is, do these prices seem in line? (I'm sure they very on location and such) What do you guys pay for your mulch?
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)
Old 03-31-2011, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Member

I pay $33 for either the fines or the nuggets. that is with out delivery. she charges $50 to deliver for up to 14 yards. she has a bigger truck but not sure what she charges for that one. Hope this helps.
Matt
Old 03-31-2011, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay, maybe these prices aren't way out of line. Thanks man, keep the replies coming!
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)
Old 03-31-2011, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

$31.50 either one. Picked up. My dump trailer will HOLD 20 yards of course I'd never LOAD that much on it.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys! Anybody else?

Tags
mulch , nuggets , pine bark , pine bark nuggets , pine mulch