Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-01-2011, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashgrove landscaping View Post
You can write and send invoices and estimates with the iphone. It also automatically syncs with your home computer. So everything you write up in the field is ready to go at home. The other phones probably do this as well.
What invoice program are you using? Can you use quickbooks? Will the iphone sync with a computer other than a mac?
Old 04-01-2011, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
What invoice program are you using? Can you use quickbooks? Will the iphone sync with a computer other than a mac?
It's a program called billings. Super cheap desk top version. $40. and the app for the iphone is like $5 or something. It's really simple and easy as well as professional. Not sure about the quick books. Check out their site. http://www.marketcircle.com/billings/
Old 04-01-2011, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hard to imagine life without my iPhone.

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old 04-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Sponsor

Iphone all the way

Iphone all the way, great battery life and plenty of apps that work well and make business life simple even for excepting credit cards on your'e phone. GPS, email and web access all works great.

Buy Sell & Trade Lawn & landscaping route accounts. The online market place for route accounts.
http://Tradeyouraccounts.com
http://facebook.com/ServiceRoutes
http://twitter.com/ServiceRoutes
Old 04-01-2011, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You guys using the I phone, do you find that the call clarity is poor and do you have any trouble with dropped calls? Also most of the smart phones I read about have poor battery life.

So you guys with I phones do you have any of these problems? I'm getting a new phone at the end of this month and I need something that works as a phone and is durable with good phone quality.

Whats the deal, are the reviews I read wrong?

Dave...
Old 04-01-2011, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

If there is an issue with call clarity, I am guessing it would be more with the provider and not the phone. Of course, at times I have a dropped call, but who knows how it happens. Could be the other person's line. It's not enough for me to cancel and go with somebody else. The main downfall with the iphone is the cost associated. It's $30 a month for internet service..which might me high compared to others.

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old 04-01-2011, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just switched to the "everything plan" offered by Sprint. I use the Samsung Epic 4G powered by Android. By far it's the best phone I've ever used. Will never go back to iPhone or BB again.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Overall rating:
3 Out of 5
Not what I thought....
By ANONYMOUS - Mar 29, 2011
Even though this is a smart phone with Android features, it doesn't do some of the things that my Instinct did. The battery life is HORRIBLE, the signal is WEAK, & it drops call a lot! The back camera is AWESOME, but the front camera is terrible. It takes GREAT pictures, but the videos are very grainy.
Would you recommend this product to a... No

Overall rating:
2 Out of 5
GUTTIKONDA
not as expected
By GUTTIKONDA - Mar 28, 2011
The battery life is aweful even with closing all the hogging apps. The icons are so cluttery and didnt like the design of andriod even after using it for 5 months. The only great thing about this phone is the screen...

Overall rating:
1 Out of 5
staliafero
What and EPIC mistake
By staliafero - Mar 25, 2011
Of course two days out of my 30days, my phone starts giving me issues, contantly locks up, feeds don't update as they should and my speech to text never works, constantly having to reboot phone to function properly for a couple of hours. The battery life is very poor, average lasting 5 hours, this with only Facebook running and NO live wallpaper running, if I apply live wallpaper I'm lucky to get 4 hours. I am an average user not high tech or consumed by phone like some. If you talk on the phone alot this is NOT the phone for you. From and utterly disappointed user!
0 of 0 people found this review helpful

Overall rating:
4 Out of 5
Definatly Not A Blackberry
By DBLACK5939 - Mar 25, 2011
Not a good phone for a very organized business person. But, great phone for a kid, packed full of fun.

These are some of the reviews off of the Sprint web site, this is typical of all of the reviews that I have read about all of the smart phones. Its not just this particular phone. I was just using this as an example because of the post above. You have to keep in mind who is reviewing the phone, just like you have to with equipment reviews on here. You have Kids that really like these phones because they use them for internet and gaming. But if you use the phones for business and phone calls etc. then most of these smart phones are really dumb phones.

Now of course you are going to have different opinions about a product but if you sift through the kid reviews and read the reviews from business people you will see the same pattern that I have seen, and that most of these smart phones are for kids.

Dave...
Old 04-02-2011, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sprint EVO best phone I have ever used
No issues Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-02-2011, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolluv View Post
You guys using the I phone, do you find that the call clarity is poor and do you have any trouble with dropped calls? Also most of the smart phones I read about have poor battery life.

So you guys with I phones do you have any of these problems? I'm getting a new phone at the end of this month and I need something that works as a phone and is durable with good phone quality.

Whats the deal, are the reviews I read wrong?

Dave...
I've never had 1 dropped call and I've had mine for over a yr. Battery life that depends on your settings....if your email is updated every 5 minutes it will use a lot of battery life. I can go more than a day and not need to charge my Iphone. It's the best phone I've ever had.