Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-01-2011, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Turfco Dealers?

Hi all,
I had thought that Turfco only sold direct, but it appears that my main fert/ag chem supplier is now selling T-3000s. Got to actually see and play on one for the first time yesterday. Pretty cool. It would be cool if they started carrying other Turfco products and parts. I have been itching to pull the trigger on a Turnaer 6, but have not been comfy with the lack of any local parts/service availability.

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle
Old 04-01-2011, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnTamer View Post
Hi all,
I had thought that Turfco only sold direct, but it appears that my main fert/ag chem supplier is now selling T-3000s. Got to actually see and play on one for the first time yesterday. Pretty cool. It would be cool if they started carrying other Turfco products and parts. I have been itching to pull the trigger on a Turnaer 6, but have not been comfy with the lack of any local parts/service availability.
I would think parts would not be a big issue since they are selling Turfco T-3000's. Of course, the parts they will be most likely to have on hand will be for that. Lack of sales/service for anything I use is a real problem in my area. Ordering parts out of Kansas,Nebraska, Iowa and Indiana (sometimes next day air depending on how bad I need them) and doing the work myself has been all I know since being in this business.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Frick Services in Sugar grove, Illinois also is a dealer. They are the Pro App guys. Great people to deal with.

2013 haulmark 18' trailer
2013 John Deere 52' walkbehind
2012 Gator with skid sprayer
2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2004 JD 757 w/ 3 bag & Iron MCS
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Stihl, Echo, Tanka 2 strokes
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 04-01-2011, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We got our last T from Zimco Supply. They have 2 locations in our state, and they also sell us fertilizer. Most folks buying the 2011 model are opting for the electric start ($200), but we like the pull start just fine. We usually get parts in less than 24 hours, but we're less than 5 hours away from TURFCO. I don't know if you save money by buying from a dealer, but it's nice they have them so you can check 'em out.

Lawn Tamer -- I didn't realize you guys in Utah used ride-on equipment. Figured you let the wives out with push spreaders.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i think any machine no matter who makes it is nice to see in person and look it over and drive it before you buy....
Old 04-01-2011, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

ditto with Hissing

When we first demo'd the T back in '07, we had heavy rains the previous two days. First thing we did was drive it up & down a steep/wet ditch in front of our office. We had never seen a unit that could do this before. Then we checked out the spray/spread capabilities. If turfcobob would not have stopped by, we may have made a different choice. It sure pays to demo before buying. Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
i think any machine no matter who makes it is nice to see in person and look it over and drive it before you buy....
Old 04-01-2011, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
When we first demo'd the T back in '07, we had heavy rains the previous two days. First thing we did was drive it up & down a steep/wet ditch in front of our office. We had never seen a unit that could do this before. Then we checked out the spray/spread capabilities. If turfcobob would not have stopped by, we may have made a different choice. It sure pays to demo before buying. Good point.
Hissing...Gregory....it doesn't matter....you Floridians are all the same...
Old 04-01-2011, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Lawn Tamer -- I didn't realize you guys in Utah used ride-on equipment. Figured you let the wives out with push spreaders.
I wish. My wife would only push a spreader if it was full of cash.

I have never used a ride on, and most companies don't, a few that specialize in commercial properties do. I have only seen 3 guys out on ride-ons EVER. 2 PGs and one Z-spray.

Most of the lawns I treat are about 5k.

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle
Old 04-02-2011, 04:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
Hissing...Gregory....it doesn't matter....you Floridians are all the same...
lol tks dont know what it is maybe its the water. or the 88 deg temps today...
Old 07-19-2011, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Member

I agree with mike from DLCS. Guys from Pro-ap are real good. They go above and beyond and Jack really makes every effort to handle issues.

I am somewhat disappointed with turfco and there customer service. They promote and show on youtube the machine going over curbs...afterall how are you going to get to the grass in many cases, yet they finally added a skidplate to protect the hydrostatic trans. That doesnt do me a great lot of good after we shear a bolt off and crack the trans casing (mind you, barely a scratch on the trans so he could not have hit it too hard). A new tranny is $1200.00. Thanks to jack they got the case welded, hopefully it will hold but at least he tried and didnt charge me, not to mention lent us a loaner.

It would also be nice to have a selection on engines, especially since turfco is useless if you have a problem with the B&S engine.
'05 chevy 2500 pu
'06 chevy w4500
'07 chevy w4500
'08 ford f-450 dump
'08 ford f-450 dump
'08 ford f-250 pu
'08 chevy avalanche
'09 chevy 3500
'97 & '10 new holland skid steers
'07 toro dingo
19 - scag tiger cubs,hydro walkbehinds
1 - turfco 3000