Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-18-2012, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
On more i got a question about. Does anyone have a counrty clipper? The joystick steer looks interesting, not sure good or bad but interesting. Was looking at either the wrangler or the jazee, not sure on prices. Is this a good machine. Is the stick steer good? Whats your opinions on the briggs proffesional enigine. I know the sayin goes if it says proffesional or commercial in the name its probably not.
I have never heard of them? I did a dealer search and I was amazed at all the dealers! I cannot comment of them, but the Joystick looks pretty weird! I would really like to drive that thing and see just how it turns, I mean is it a true zero turn or does it turn like a tractor? It seems like there is a race to invent all these goofy mechanisms to drive and turn these Z's when the sticks are really the best way to drive em? I mean maybe they are more user friendly to older folks and wives and such, but to me the sticks are the most accurate and fastest way to maneuver a ZTR. Just my 2 cents I guess.
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
Stihl BG55 handheld blower
AMSOIL In Everything I own
Old 02-20-2012, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

gravely zt2352?

Grasshopper was sold. Wondering about a gravely zt2352 ztr mower that is also for sale locally. Has a 23 hp Kohler, 52" deck, very low hours (160) and in very good condition. Would this be a good mower for a residential acreage and is $2k a good price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbor pro View Post
Just bought 4 acres with a few dozen mature trees to mow around. I'm a tree guy, not a lawn guy so need some advice on mower,etc. I plan to plant a lot more trees and shrub beds which I will likely mulch around so as to protect them from 'mower blight'. Pretty much flat. Besides mowing, I would like to have something that I could hook up a small utility trailer to with a 250 gallon water tank for watering the new trees. Total weight would be around #1500 lbs to pull I suppose. Also considering a snowblower and tiller. I do have a 32hp skid steer that I could use for snow removal and could also buy a hydraulic tiller for. For that matter, I could also hook the utility trailer up to the skid steer to pull it around. Only problem is skid steer is also used for my business so won't always be out on the acreage - might be on jobsites.

Wondering what would work best - utility tractor or ztr? I'm thinking that if I could get a ztr that could pull around the trailer and water tank, that would probably be enough. I can do the snow removal and tilling with the skid steer. Just don't want to overwork a ztr trying to pull the trailer and not sure it's even possible? Thought a tractor would be the answer but not sure about mowing around all those trees with one.

One more thing - local guy has a grasshopper 1822 with 52" deck for sale for $1800. from what I understand, the motor has been replaced as have the drive motors so it is supposed to run pretty good for its age. Any thoughts?

thanks.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

bought it

Bought the gravely zt2352 for $1750. has 155hrs and a bit dirty in the pics but otherwise guy said like new condition. He bought the 60" gravely next to it. good deal?
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2012, 01:46 AM
LawnSite Member

What an awesome thread. I'm still in the market for a ztr. Couldn't pull the trigger late last year on a Gravely compact pro 34. Just couldn't spend the money at the time. I see a lot of good things about Hustler, i will definitely give them a second look. I'm torn between a Wright stander 32" and the Gravely compact pro 34". There was some great advice on going with the best dealer, that will probably make the decision for me. Would like to here what y'all think about the Gravely and the Wright. Thanks
Old 03-20-2012, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Bought the gravely zt2352 for $1750. has 155hrs and a bit dirty in the pics but otherwise guy said like new condition. He bought the 60" gravely next to it. good deal?
How is the mower running?
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
Old 03-20-2012, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola lawn maintenance View Post
What an awesome thread. I'm still in the market for a ztr. Couldn't pull the trigger late last year on a Gravely compact pro 34. Just couldn't spend the money at the time. I see a lot of good things about Hustler, i will definitely give them a second look. I'm torn between a Wright stander 32" and the Gravely compact pro 34". There was some great advice on going with the best dealer, that will probably make the decision for me. Would like to here what y'all think about the Gravely and the Wright. Thanks
I love the Wright Stander! Most all the commercial guys around here have a Wright stander or a Sentar. Built like a tank. Have you tried one yet?
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
Old 03-20-2012, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Member

No. I haven't tried one. How is it on your back and legs? From what i've heard they give the best cut.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capemay Eagle View Post
How is the mower running?
mower runs great. just waiting for the grass to grow so I can mow it. couple more weeks...
Old 03-21-2012, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola lawn maintenance View Post
No. I haven't tried one. How is it on your back and legs? From what i've heard they give the best cut.
I don't have one, I have demoed a few back in the day. Is this for commercial use? Maybe someone that owns one can jump in here and give you some info!
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
Old 03-21-2012, 11:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
mower runs great. just waiting for the grass to grow so I can mow it. couple more weeks...
Where are you located? Is that South Dakota? I am going on my second cut, I gotta get out there today and service both the mowers for the season! They only sat 2 months, I don't know if I need to or not!
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90