The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-21-2011, 01:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw n mow View Post
I haven't went there...yet.

Kevin
Me neither, but I thought about it. The house next door was sold and the new people were looking for a lawn service. I was just going to go over and cut the property, but I did not really meet them yet and was thinking they might get mad. You never know what your going to get with people when you do something nice for them.
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
AMSOIL In Everything I own
Old 04-21-2011, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capemay Eagle View Post
Me neither, but I thought about it. The house next door was sold and the new people were looking for a lawn service. I was just going to go over and cut the property, but I did not really meet them yet and was thinking they might get mad. You never know what your going to get with people when you do something nice for them.
So true...but really it's sad that a good deed can't be accepted as such. In this money hungry world, everybody is trying to sue someone...I wouldn't be surprised if something 'suiable' (don't think that's a word...) could be found in the law books for doing a good deed as mowing someones yard (aside from throwing a stone from the mower deck and busting a window).

Kevin
Old 04-25-2011, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Finally pulled the trigger this afternoon and ordered a left-over 2010 Quest SP w/48" deck and mulching kit. I had to think long and hard about it but in the end I felt I was getting the equivalent of the 2011 Exmark Pioneer S at a $1000 discount. Only time will tell but I'm old enough that this mower will outlast me (I hope).
Old 04-25-2011, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Pics on the way right???
Stihl FS90R
Shindaiwa EB212 Blower
Stihl MS250
Kubota MX5000
Old 04-25-2011, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Smile...will try to post some after it's delivered...hopefully on Thursday. Since it's a left-over they had to order it...it'll be coming to Mississippi from Louisiana...then the dealer has to install the mulch kit (they'll swap the blades that are on the deck for another set of mulching blades so I'll end up with two sets).
Old 04-25-2011, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnfingers View Post
Smile...will try to post some after it's delivered...hopefully on Thursday. Since it's a left-over they had to order it...it'll be coming to Mississippi from Louisiana...then the dealer has to install the mulch kit (they'll swap the blades that are on the deck for another set of mulching blades so I'll end up with two sets).
Alright! nice buy. I think you may be one of the first guys I know of in the last few years that owns a Quest. If you can post some pics and let us know a little about the machine! There have been some request about info on the machine, but not many have been able to really answer from a owner point of view, so you are going to be the goto guy!!

You can also post some pics in the Homeowner picture page with a little info.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=322595
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
Old 04-26-2011, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A little on Bob Cat mowers. The Fastcat Pro and RZ are defiantly worth the look and demo for the guy looking above "residential grade" The Fastcat pro can be equipped with ZT3100's or ZT3400's along with the Kawasaki FX series engines and Briggs Vanguard series engines. These mowers are well built and commercial grade and reasonably priced, probably one of the best bangs for the buck for the buck.

Video Fastcat Pro and RZ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeItL...embedded#at=12

Predator Pro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buSLq...eature=related
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90

Last edited by Capemay Eagle; 04-26-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Okay...went to the shop today to see if the 2010 ExMark Quest SP that I had ordered had come in (it was a left-over in Arkansas that they had to bring to Mississippi for me).

Quick background...there is another of these mowers in town but I didn't think I'd get as good of service as I would from the shop I ordered it from.

Anyway, the mower had come in and they brought it around front for me to look at. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. It had obviously been on display outside for the last year or so...there was rusted hardware (nuts and bolts) on it, the seat was weathered as were the plastic knobs. The top of the engine had rusty bolts and washers on it and the overall impression was dirty...granted there were only 4 tenths of an hour on it so it was new but it just looked bad. The shop had just finished installing the mulching kit I had requested and were planning to deliver it to me tomorrow.

The serviceman that brought it around so I could see it said that they would clean it before it was delivered but said that I should talk to the owner of the shop about the general shape of the mower and see if I could get a discount. I went in and told the owner that I was less than pleased with the way it looked, especially for the price I was paying (well over $5K w/tax and mulching kit) and asked if there was anything they could do...in return they asked me what I wanted to do. My initial instinct was to tell them to "shove it" and give me my money back since the other one in town looks brand new and is the same price...but I held back because I kind of feel obligated to take this one since they had it brought in for me special. They are going to ask the ExMark distributor if he will do anything for me but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed.

Am I being stupid? Should I go with my first instinct, walk away and buy the other one? I'm not so sure that the service at the place I ordered it from would be any better now so that's almost a wash.

Or just walk away from ExMark and get a Ferris I500?
Old 05-04-2011, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Member

You're spending a lot of money, you should get new if paying for new! What about buying the other one at another dealer? Even if they discount this unit, you'll have to be reminded every time of what could have been!
I checked out my new Hustler Fastrak SD that was shipped to my dealer before paying; brand new on on a skid wrapped in plastic - being delivered to my home tomorrow.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ferris, you didn't agree to pay for a mower with rusted bolts a seat and knobs that are going to have to be replaced prematurely. Your first instinct of what to tell him was correct. I would not take that mower without a hefty discount. Yeah, I will pay your price for new mower when you give me one that is new.
Stihl FS90R
Shindaiwa EB212 Blower
Stihl MS250
Kubota MX5000