Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-01-2011, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Advertising Ideas

I just started Texas Cut Lawn Service a month ago and have 10 accounts. I am only doing residential at the moment and looking for different, cost effective ways to advertise. I have passed out cards to 500 houses allready and have 1000 more to go. I have been using craigslist and have had moderate success with that. And my last thing I did was use yellowbook for free online and have had no success with that so far. Any Ideas on different forms of advertising and getting customers.

-passing out cards to houses
-craigslist
-yellowbook

Best of luck to all.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Just keep hitting the same houses over and over with wth cards wvery 3-4 weeks this spring. My post card mailing is hitting my houses 3 times this spring. When I sign a new customer in the neighborhood I leave a door hanger on the neighbors doors saying that another neighbor just signed up. You want your advertiing to build your brand recognition, the more the customer sees it the more likely they are to call you. When they get the first add they may not be thinking about lawn care, but when they get the thrid they may be, and by that point they have now seen your name 3 times
Old 04-02-2011, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

HELLO KATY TEXAS....

Bellville here.

Were moving into Sealy now....
Old 04-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Sponsor

Facebook

Have you tried using a facebook business page? its free and can network with people in your'e area.

Buy Sell & Trade Lawn & landscaping route accounts. The online market place for route accounts.
http://Tradeyouraccounts.com
http://facebook.com/ServiceRoutes
http://twitter.com/ServiceRoutes
Old 04-04-2011, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Check out our website rndsigns.com to download our FREE marketing handbook and planner which has helpful tips on marketing strategies!

Get FREE quote on all of our marketing materials or request a FREE sample packet
Old 04-04-2011, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

How big is Katy, Texas?

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old 04-05-2011, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenIndustryAssociates View Post
Just keep hitting the same houses over and over with wth cards wvery 3-4 weeks this spring. My post card mailing is hitting my houses 3 times this spring. When I sign a new customer in the neighborhood I leave a door hanger on the neighbors doors saying that another neighbor just signed up. You want your advertiing to build your brand recognition, the more the customer sees it the more likely they are to call you. When they get the first add they may not be thinking about lawn care, but when they get the thrid they may be, and by that point they have now seen your name 3 times
GreenIndustryAssociates - you obviously know the importance of repeat mailings, good job! Who are you using for your direct mail campaigns?

Another easy, FREE way to get your business known is to list yourself on all the search engine local listings. It's not easy to find the URLs to sign up, so we created a report which has all the URLs and how to register: http://bit.ly/gzkBKJ

(please excuse the message on the page, we just used this as an offer page after our CEO spoke at an event)

Sylvia Heneghan
Old 04-05-2011, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry, posted the wrong link for the local search report, here's the correct one: http://www.postcardmania.com/marketingoffers

Sylvia Heneghan
Old 04-05-2011, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostcardMania View Post
GreenIndustryAssociates - you obviously know the importance of repeat mailings, good job! Who are you using for your direct mail campaigns?

I did the printing and mailing with GotPrint, i provided them with a list I had previously purchased from infousa
Old 04-07-2011, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradeyouraccounts View Post
Have you tried using a facebook business page? its free and can network with people in your'e area.
I have created a facebook page.. but the invite friends to the page button does not work... some reason I have invited 100's of people but they do not receive the invite.. I think there is something wrong with facebook. Do any of you have that problem?