Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-05-2011, 02:02 PM
LawnSite Member

How important is a sign on your truck?

How important is a sign on your truck? Would yall say a sign on your truck is better for advertising and signing customers than flyers or door hangers? Also, how many of yall have a work shirt / dress code? They are cheap to get and I was just wondering. Thanks
Old 04-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Sponsor

I think signs on your truck is probably one of the most important things you can do when it comes to advertising and awareness. You'll get people who walk up to you because they see your truck and logo. Some of the other guys can tell you if it's better than other sign types, but it's absolutely important.

Dress codes with work shirts are a good thing too. They make you look much more professional.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Well, I know for a fact that last year I got a $400 clean-up job that turned into a $75/month maintenance agreement, because the lady called and said, "I saw the signs on your truck and trailer and I liked your name"...

I've also mentioned to various people over time that I own "Lawn & Order", and they say, "OH, I've seen your trucks around town"...And of course, I don't tell them that I've only got one truck!!!!!

So, the signage is CHEAP, and after that initial expense, it is a free, moving billboard. People pay thousands of dollars per month for billboards that DON'T move.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wglyons View Post

I've also mentioned to various people over time that I own "Lawn & Order", and they say, "OH, I've seen your trucks around town"...And of course, I don't tell them that I've only got one truck!!!!!
I've also had people say that they've seen my trucks when I only have one. Its because it stands out so much and is very memorable.

I think that the main reason to sign up your truck is to promote branding and making your company memorable and the FIRST company they think of when they need a service like yours. You won't get a lot of jobs because they call you when they see your phone number on your truck but later when they look in the phone book, see your door hanger, mailer, or other advertising, they call YOU because they remember seeing your truck. When you sign up your truck/trailer, make it big, different and MEMORABLE but still professional and the business will come.
2005 Ford F-450 dump 6.0 Diesel
2008 20' x 8.5' Enclosed Trailer
2 -7x16" Trailers
1999-2010 Exmarks, Kubota, Husqvarna and Walker mowers.
Stihl blowers, trimmers, edgers, etc.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:45 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Truck signage is one of the cheapest forms of advertisement. It doesnt not replace door hangers or flyers. It does help look more professional and helps people recognize you.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Well, I know for a fact that last year I got a $400 clean-up job that turned into a $75/month maintenance agreement, because the lady called and said, "I saw the signs on your truck and trailer and I liked your name"...

So, the signage is CHEAP, and after that initial expense, it is a free, moving billboard. People pay thousands of dollars per month for billboards that DON'T move.
This is weird, but im running through deeds and someone has your name here in austin. lol
Old 04-05-2011, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think everything is important, try to have everything you own lettered with your logo. Your goal is to show your logo to the most people as possible. Truck, t-shirts, hat, letters, envelope, fridge magnets, business cards, trailer, etc.
Complete lawn care services
Old 04-05-2011, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'm glad you folks have had good lucks with yours, but I have never gotten one single call from my signs. Always got mine from word of mouth or referals.
echo hedge clippers
echo long pole hedge clippers
Redmax weedeater
echo 650 BP blower
6 x 16 trailer
5 x 8 trailor
2001 Chevy LS Silverado
Polaris Sportsman 500 AWD ATV
last but not least, TWINS!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

I seen you looking at my trailer in Winter Garden today....LOL...then a little further down the road when I was leaving Stoneybrook West. Good to have another FL guy here on lawnsite

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QualityLawnCare4u View Post
I'm glad you folks have had good lucks with yours, but I have never gotten one single call from my signs. Always got mine from word of mouth or referals.
This is where a majority of my business has come from too....I get some calls off the sign on my trailer...but they are usually some smuck wanting a one time mow.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!