Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-14-2011, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah1491 View Post
well i went to my dealer and i'll be purchasing my third brand new mower in the last four years.....I decided to go with the 61" predator pro, with the 37 hp kawi......anyone else have one?
There's this outfit that mows bi-weekly next to where I work that just bought the 61" PP and the machine is just a beast.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennington Lawncare View Post
Bah, I've got a question. I haven't been to my nearest dealer yet and I just looked on the bobcat site at the change in deck discharge. To me it looks like they just cut the back part of the discharge area to make it larger and that's the only change to the deck itself besides the change in running the deck on one belt. The one thing that I wish were better with my Bob-Cat is discharging wet grass. It's not that it clumps but, it does shoot out a concentrated stream of grass which is more visible than I would prefer. I have gone to Gator blades to remedy that problem and am fairly satisfied with that solution but, I was wondering what you have noticed when comparing the old and new deck changes.
They changed the opening, the chute and also the baffles at the front. The chute is supposed to help spread the clippings out more if people actually would use it. I forget what the change to the baffles at the front improves...if its discharge or less blowout or what. Instead of coming to a point between each blade the point is reversed the opposite way creating a little vortex there or something.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Member

bah1491, how do you like the 37 HP Kaw? Am problems with it smoking at startup? Also, where did you get your striper, did it come with the mower? How many hours on it so far, still happy?
Old 05-23-2011, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Havent been on here in a while sorry...

harborview: I have had to take the new mower back to the dealer to have the valves adjusted TWICE now....Im not too concerned because I buy new equipment for that reason. WARRANTY!

PPS.inc: The new mower is about 1.2 an hour with spring time mowing. (wet thick grass)

pugs: The discharge is pretty good, I would prefer a higher tip speed, or something to spread it a little better when it wet. But, what mower will spread high wet grass perfectly with this type of spring......

OVERALL:
the 37 kawi is a BEAST of an engine. but the downfalls to the new mower is that it almost has too much power for some situations. The mower could use a little bit wider tires on the rear, (it sinks like a rock) and it also just doesnt do as well on hills like i was expecting it to.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was actually looking at buying a new Bobcat. I have two of them and there built like tanks with very little down time. They both have over 2000 hard hours on them.

The older of the two ( about 9 years old) doesn't do well in high wet grass. It loads the underside of the deck and I have to run it it up on the tail gate. Go under and dig the grass out. The blades are also loud. It was that ways since I bought it new.

The newer mower ( 4 years old) hardly loads the underside at all, and it deals with high wet grass better. I see where the newest Bob Cat is supposed to be designed to handle high wet grass. That sounds like a plus.
Rhode Island

2003 Ford F350 Dully V10 4+4
2003 Bobcat 61 inch ZTR, 25 horse Kolher
2002 Bobcat 54-inch walk behind, 17 horse Kawasaki
Stihl Back blower
2 Stihl strait shaft weed whackers
Stihl Chain saw
Little wonder hedge trimmer
Toro 22
9 foot Fisher plow
12+6 trailer
Red Max 8000 blower
Protero grass catcher for ZTR
Easy Dumper insert
water tank and pump set up for truck
Magna matic blade ballancer and grinder
Old 06-05-2011, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

bobcat

The blade tip spped has increase alot on the 61" decks , its right around 18850. the 52decks are 18450 I believe ,The 61 does not clump as bad as the older ones , When I sold them years ago I would not order nothing without a kawi, The four I ordered this yr has the fx series, they sound gd but have had major valve train recalls the 34 ate up cylinder with 13.2 I replaced the motor under warrenty for the cust. IMO the FH series were bullet proof,
Old 06-06-2011, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

How do these decks cut? Comparable to an Exmark? I like the price point of these, but I don't want strips of grass left like my Bobcat is doing now. I have a glorified homeowner model. Is the 26hp Kawi a big enough engine for a 61"?
2001 Ford F-350 4x4 SD XLT 7.3PSD
6X16' Tandem axle trailer
5X8 BIG MAX trailer
Exmark Vantage 24/52
Bobcat Predator Pro 61" 26LC
Simplicity Legacy 60" Vanguard Diesel
Redmax EB7001, 7150, 7500
Stihl BG55, SH85
Echo SRM-210, SRM-225 (3), Dolmar 22C
(2) Echo PAS-265
Old 06-06-2011, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

bobcat cut

I do not know on how old ure machine is , the blade tip speed has increased allot compared to the older mowers, IMO the 26 hp is plenty enough to power the 61 inch deck, Being a dealer I could give you a number of reasons to buy one, but the easiest way is to demo one. Myself personally, I would compare the bobcats cut to an exmark any day of the week
Old 06-06-2011, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Member

BobCat FastCat Rz

Looking at the BobCat 48" or 52" FastCat RZ. Any feedback on these mowers would be helpful. Dealer did not have one in stock, would have to order. Also, what is a fair price for this mower? Thanks
Old 06-06-2011, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig7530 View Post
Looking at the BobCat 48" or 52" FastCat RZ. Any feedback on these mowers would be helpful. Dealer did not have one in stock, would have to order. Also, what is a fair price for this mower? Thanks
I don't know the MSRP on the RZ series, but as a point of reference, I just paid $5199 for a Fastcat Pro 52". This was the lowest price I could find in my area, although some on here have purchased them for a couple hundred $ less. Mine is the "older" version - not the one currently shown on their website.

Your best bet is to check at least 2 or 3 dealers and figure out where to start your pricing; post back here for more info. Let us know how you make out!