Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-05-2013, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington4 View Post
Be sure to grease the control arm pivot area as that is new to BOB-CAT this year. There are two zerks per control arm. Two are on the outside of the frame and the other two are accessed from the front of the unit thru the frame. As mentioned earlier, the steering dampners can be repositioned to give you more or less resistance. Be sure your rear tire pressure is set at 10 PSI or up to 12PSI max. 10PSI will give you the widest contact patch with the ground. You may also try jacking the front of the unit up and see if the casters pivot freely, if not you can knock the dust caps off and adjust the castle nut to free things up. Why, because if the casters don't pivot freely the unit will not want to turn very easily. One last thing to try is, make sure that your hydro-tank is filled to the bottom of the filler neck tube. With that level correct you can be sure that you are not sipping a little air into the hydro system. The sticker on top of the tank will show the proper oil level as well.

Try this stuff and let me know if it helps.
Thanks,
Remington4
that is all great information for the newbie, ME!

hoping Blah gets a moment to reply and let us all in on what happened.
something to note....i've only read ONE complaint of the very poor traction. this maybe an isolated incident...?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Gordon View Post
Thanks Skidpad and motormouse this machine is a g (942506G) series. Which bagger do you prefer? I know the peco one thats on there now sucks up clippings, and leaves very well. Have a great day!
Hey Keith, I'm just curious.
Since this thread was brought back back to life, I'm wondering how it turned out. Do you think the mower was intentionally misrepresented (by the seller) as a "G" series mower, or was it just an innocent misunderstanding? What is your opinion of the quality of the mower, and do you still have it?

Thanks Keith, and I hope things worked out ok for you. Stan