Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-16-2011, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLS View Post
Ok guys i have asked gordon for help with a situation and if you want an honest non bias oppinion on beatrs just tell me on here and ill tell you my beast experiance since i asked gordon to talk to me and i se he has been on here and nothing at all from him . let me know ill tell the HONEST TURTH

I want to hear. Did you have a problem with the mower? What happened?
Old 04-16-2011, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Absolutely, good or bad we want the truth. If its good, that's great. If it was bad, how was it handled? If GXI wants to change the way LCO's think and spend their money this is a decent place to do it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-16-2011, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

XLS why tease us? Please tell us the honest truth. I promise I won't say I told you so!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-16-2011, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Gordon has contacted me too and has told me he has forwarded my request to the local HD for at least a viewing of the machine with possibly renting the brush mower. If I rent and all is what they say it is, I'm buying. I can make that money back no problem but I need a real hard assed machine.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ok first i will say i was venting becasue like most of us LCO we ecpect a to the point immediate answer in the form of a call back or e-mail or post such as here and i had waited on mr jackson . I want to inform those who dont know we use china mowers for the same reasons you shop at lower priced service stations to save money if we can .

as for as my experiance I have no problems with GXI its products nor any of it affiliates. this is where my issues are
Old 04-16-2011, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

we cover the state of tennessee not a county not a town we cover 84 of 95 counties and HD is in alot of these counties I spoke like most of you to mr jackson and was informed to visit HD and they would assist me and then he had GXI contanct me and for the company its top of the line i missed a call from a lady she left a thurogh message and called back later in that day and then the following day .... I felt important and not forgot ( like every LCO want to feel no matter the actual size )
i spoke to a lady about my needs explained the area of coverage and the limited HD store and she without putting me on hold asked for my e-mail and sent out a service agreement and told me they could upon completion setme up on a limited status to only service OUR ecuipment (what i need for my company ) feeling good about the product i decided to contact the famous HD store who carries in stock Beast walk behind and brush units.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

the store connects me to the outdoor garden ....then the tool department and after 10 minutes of a long distance call being on hold after asking them to talk to someone over the commercial line of Beast walk behind mowers i decided they were unhelpfull and i would just drive 45 miles down to view the unit. considering the speed limit is 60mph i could have almost driven there in the time of the call.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
As for "all American" line of thinking its no longer relevant. Everybody has to play nice in the sandbox or our economy will not survive. I do think the playing field needs to leveled from a global perspective though.
Please define "Play Nice". Does that include child/prison labor? Does that include government (collective) subsidies for favored business? Does that include taking a massive DUMP on the environment? That is what you're suggesting...

In the current environment, you (and your children) are gonna make good little slaves.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

We arrive (me ,my wife and our head of purchases and also a 7 year commercial mower opperator in my company ) and we look over hte unit top to bottom head to toe and understan we had no lift to get under the mower but the read design prevents access to the hydro units and belts and the only access we coud see at ground level was at the front of the main body where the deck joined the unit. we wait for approximatly 15 minutes ON THE MACHINE before we are even addressed as (is there something you need) i express i want to hear it run ...i get a look , i ask if i can opperate the unit on the grounds with the blades off in a area away fromm cars to limit liabilites and for the safety of store visiters and employees..he looked at me with a look so what ever i made the statement i am in a mercury tracer not a truck and trailer and i cant steal it (he gave me a wtf ever look) then says he needed to talk to someone else
Old 04-16-2011, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

at this point i had been at the store near an hour and had 1 hour before close
he get another manager i explain the need of our company and he says sure we have an area right out therir it was on flat asphalt it was 35'x45' in size and had 15 mowers around the inside of it as a mower coraal i laughed and i said its not safe to be in their doing circles more less verifying its able to run 8mph up a hill....we come to an agreement i could us it on the 15 acre parking lot so off i go/........... where is the key 12 minutes later they find it i stand on the sulky, place the key in the ignition, place the blade off and the brake ON not knowing all the areas the unit had safety switches i went through the obvious...... place the choke on a hand on the presence control......NOTHING