Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-12-2011, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot James View Post
Couple things to think about Wyoming Lawn Service. If this is the name of your company then you should delete your membership to this site or ask them to TOTALLY delete this thread because you sir need and education about pre- emergents - they kill EVERYTHING (that germinates) including the dormant seed you sowed. So #1 if your customers or future customers google you this thread is going to show up. #2 you really don't understand how the tools in the tool box work - so until you do you should not use them cause this is what happens. Hopefully you can talk to the moderators and get this thread deleted and start to study! Good Luck. This is a disaster! #3 you can't spell - sorry dude. JAT
DUDE- don't chime in unless you know what YOUR talking about. Siduron is the same thing as tupersan. IT DOES NOT KILL GRASS SEEDLINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have put NOTHING down that will inhibit the growth of new grass seed. I think you need the education on pre-emergents not me. Here is a quote for you regarding siduron from Ohio State University.

"Siduron is the only herbicide that will provide control of the annual grass weeds but not injure or antagonize the development of the desirable seedling turfgrasses. Siduron may be applied at the time of seeding"

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/4000/4002.html

Last edited by wyoming lawn service; 04-12-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hahaha, nothing like a good misunderstanding to get everyone talking kr@pp...

I looked at the Ohio website, hoping they would say how it worked. They put down aproximate weed germination dates, in various areas of the state and it sounds about right, for most weeds... But it would be nice if they did a separate chart, just for CG... Pre-M for lawns are mostly for CG and it conflicts with Spring overseeding... But things are fine now anyways with the siduron and/or tupersan... No longer an issue, except for money...
Old 04-13-2011, 07:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
Now you'll get to see just how well the seed killer works... If nothing germinates from seed and survives for 90 days, then Scott's did what it promised...
This is why one can't just assume what someone put down.

Wyoming, you did fine. The Siduron you put down will not affect your grass seed but will prevent the crabgrass from germinating. Imprelis, as talked about earlier, will be effective up to the 2 tiller stage of post CG germination, should you decide to use that.

Stay on it and keep us posted. You may need touch up your bare spots here and there but they will fill in and you are headed in the right direction.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo1990 View Post
This is why one can't just assume what someone put down. ....
That is correct... never assume anything. Like the "barrier" created by pre-emergent herbicides. I don't assume it is a myth, I understand that it is a myth...
Old 04-13-2011, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoming lawn service View Post
About 4-5 weeks ago I added about 50 lbs of TTTF with a broadcast spreader to overseed and added Scotts Starter with Crabgrass preventor. Need some help....thanks
Old 04-14-2011, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot James View Post
I don't know how else to communicate exactly what I applied other then stating the product name.......

http://www.scotts.com/smg/catalog/pr...oId=prod100048