Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-21-2012, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutch16 View Post
How do you like the scags? Im not sure which one to buy yet either scag or exmark. Every LCO is using exmark around here.
My scags are great if your gonna get a rider buy a cheeetah or turf tiger there the best spend the money itll be well worth it. I am actually looking at buy either another turf tiger or an X series lazer next year.

-- Specializing in Quality Lawn Care and Landscape Contracting--

21 Years Old
Old 10-21-2012, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreshamLandscapemgmt View Post
6.0 powerstrokes do not have dpf filters. that started in 08 and up trucks. they do have egr coolers. i have a 08 f250 that has a 6.4 for it and its great. i have also owned a 6.0 powerstroke and it was great. prooper maintenace is the key. mine had 270k on it when i sold it and it ran great. had stock head bolts but i deleted the egr cooler. delete the egr cooler and dont act stupid with the truck and you will be fine. if you do have the cash to do head studs and egr delete then them trucks are aewsome all the problems are solved. they do have weak oil coolers but flushing the coolant system and fillling back with elc coolant helps with that. any questions on the 6.0 you can go to this site powerstroke.org or ask me. im very familar with these trucks. there are not jokes, its a great truck but has flaws like every other truck. buy a duramax and have crappy injectors. already went through that and will never do it again. buy a doge, yea you get a million dollar motor with a 5 dollar truck. the truck with fall apart around the motor. not to mention terrible transmission. any questions just let me know. the 6L is a great motor dont let people who dont understand the motor give them a bad name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreshamLandscapemgmt View Post
i would recommend a egde cs or cts monitor it is great. by far the most advance way to monitor these trucks

I really really really appreciate all the help man i want a diesel but literally know nothing about them so any help i can get is great! i wish i could hae one of you guys on here come check this truck out for me and say yes or no on buying it haha! but i will def be asking questions so stay on my thread if you can or i will pm u or somthing thanks again!

21 Years Old
Old 10-21-2012, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.T. View Post
Research research research. Check this out:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/96...used-6-0l.html

The suggestion about engine hours is an important one, because edling can cause some serious damage, the number of engine hours being high in relation the the odometer indicates that it idled alot through its life span.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.T. View Post
Make the decision for yourself, but no the issues. I have never owned one, but I've used them frequently in the past and I have worked on them. Some people say that the flaw was in the design right from the begininning, some say it is a defect that only occurred on a certain percentage. Believe whatever you want, just no that I know of 4 different people who maintain their 6.0's exceptionally well, and still had problems.

What Gresham is saying is very very true, maintenance and not beating the crap out of it is essential. Programmers especially can do a whole lot of good to the truck, but a lot of bad also. Having the power makes you want to use it. As long as you are ready for the issues, and have the money to deal with them. If it doesn't happen, then thats awesome, it doesn't happen to everyone. It is very common though, regular maintenance and care isn't enough to cure a motor with a defect or a design flaw.

That site is great! and believe me if i buy this truck itll be maintained top notch but my only problem is id be putting it to work for sure so idk wat to do.

21 Years Old
Old 10-22-2012, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Stufff

Stripes, And my new 8500 sold one of the 8050's so i got a new 8500 love my redmax blowers its on the left next to my other one
Attached Images

21 Years Old
Old 10-22-2012, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of redmax weedeaters do u use? I'm looking for something lighter than my echo

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 10-22-2012, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades Lawn Maintenance View Post
What kind of redmax weedeaters do u use? I'm looking for something lighter than my echo
I use 2401's.. but next season im most likely getting all new kawasaki's or redmax 2601's the 2401's are terrible so many problems with the carbs one of mine is usually out not working atleast once a month so im fed up with them.

21 Years Old
Old 10-23-2012, 12:51 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoncuts54 View Post
Stripes, And my new 8500 sold one of the 8050's so i got a new 8500 love my redmax blowers its on the left next to my other one
Just got one of these at work and I cant stand it. To the point that I will not use it, I still use the older 8050. The new design of the back pad is so dumb. It is way to small to even be remotely comfortable. I couldnt believe how small they made it. I also dont like how much bigger the tube is because I hold the tube when blowing instead of the handle.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead38 View Post
Just got one of these at work and I cant stand it. To the point that I will not use it, I still use the older 8050. The new design of the back pad is so dumb. It is way to small to even be remotely comfortable. I couldnt believe how small they made it. I also dont like how much bigger the tube is because I hold the tube when blowing instead of the handle.
Dude im the same exact way!! i hold the tube as well but i like it the power behind it is great

21 Years Old
Old 10-23-2012, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have no idea what the obsession is with programmers on diesel trucks. I pull a fully loaded enclosed trailer just fine. I could understand if you had to pull a skid steer around all day you would want the extra power, but for the occasional heavy load I'm fine with stock. Something inside of my cringes every time I have to overwork my truck, I couldn't imagine wanting to put even more strain on it. Show me a truck with as many miles as mine that has had a programmer on it. If I was a betting man I would say the truck would be worn out and ready to retire

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What height are you cutting at now, in that last house?

Programmers are big around here among my friends because about 70% of them are young men who are into the trades. They don't actually work the trucks, they use the programmers on the economy setting to save fuel. We also go to car/truck meets and rolling coal is a fun thing to watch. And we run the trucks at the drags sometimes so the extreme settings are fun for that.

They definitely can not make your motor last any longer than normal, that is for certain. People like us who haul all day every single day don't need the added strain on the motor, unless you're using it in the economy setting for daily driving and the stock setting for towing. But even then I believe economy is giving you more power than stock. No chip for me, at least until the truck is out of warranty.