Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-28-2000, 11:17 AM
jeffclc

How much information do you tell your customers about what you are putting down on their lawns? I mean, do you leave a slip in the door simply stating that you were there, or do you let them know the details of your application.<p>ALso, what knd of instructions do you give to your customers regarding re-entry periods? I know that it depends on the product, and what the label says, but as a general rule, do you tell them to stay off till dry, or what???<p>What about pets? Do you tell them that it is okay for rover to be running the lawn as soon as you leave, or that they should keep him inside for a while?<p>Just wondering how specific you guys get with your customers.<br>
Old 03-28-2000, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Jeff, check on your state requirements. In IN, a fertilizer retailer must certify to customer the nutrient content of the fertilizer. <br>Also under pesticide regs, you must report to customer the Active Ingredient used, % concentration of AI, and total weight delivered. Notice of reentry is needed, and any special precautions must be noted. <p>You can usually design a one page form. Just have blank spaces to fill in for unusual apps. If you'd like a copy of ours, send me an email.<p>----------<br>Jim<br>North central Indiana
Old 03-29-2000, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Jeff, I try to be as specific as possible. If the customers are home, I tell them what has been applied, and any cautions that should be adhered to. Otherwise, my invoice list all of the products that are used, and what they should do, as far as pets, childern ect. is concerned.<br>No secrets here, try to be as up front as possible.
Old 03-30-2000, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The question here is not what do we do, but what YOU NEED to do.<p>There are specific requirments in my state for marking properties after an application. I'm not a applicator, but I am aware of them because I need to know. For instance, NJ requires you to post the propery with flags of somesort that identify what was sprayed. Also, the signs have to be removed in 48 hrs after application. This is the law. Now, granted, they don't come back and remove them themselves, but do say, right in the contract, that we need to remove them after 48 hrs. <p>I would look back to your test materials or contact your local extension office if you aren't sure what to do. Anything said here will most likely be unapplicable to your state unless they are from your area.<br>