Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-08-2012, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Thank for the quick reply - yes, I have seen the new Spyker hand spreader, but I don't think that is what you have been looking for based on this thread - yes it's better, but still misses the mark. The challenge is putting a new project (Pro Hand Spreader) ahead of a project that we have been working on for 5 years, (planned introduction this fall) which is not something that I can do. I have to finish that project before I go into the hand spreader project - but that’s not to say that we haven't been working on it because we have been. The concepts are very promising and have most of the features that people in this thread have asked for - I can't comment on the "old & gray" statement, but I know I will be using it in the not too distant future. AND it will be made in America.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

My Scotts spreader is on it's last leg so I just ordered two Spyker HHS 100's and will let everyone know how they work. If Earthway can come up with a decent wrist support spreader I will buy it and try it as well. I've waited a year for a replacement spreader and just can't wait any longer.

Jeff please slap the crap out of your upper management and tell them their missing the boat on this one. I'm sure your commercial spreaders have the best profit margins by far even though the volume is a fraction of the home owner targeted stuff. If your able to put the word commercial and hand spreader together you will have no competition.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 03-08-2012, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Those spyker hand hends were out late last spring. I bought 2 of them hoping they would be something. The little yellow knob that you hold onto with your right hand fell off the 1st day when someone threw it in the truck. They seemed to gunk up from the fert dust in short order and the gate didn't want to close. Didn't like the pattern. Went back to using the scott's.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW Andy View Post
Those spyker hand hends were out late last spring. I bought 2 of them hoping they would be something. The little yellow knob that you hold onto with your right hand fell off the 1st day when someone threw it in the truck. They seemed to gunk up from the fert dust in short order and the gate didn't want to close. Didn't like the pattern. Went back to using the scott's.
Great I just wasted forty bucks. Who the hell would think it would take an act of God for someone to build a hand spreader that wasn't a total POS?

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 03-08-2012, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The only spreaders I liked were the backpack mist blowers set up to shoot granules and dusts. I know, heavy and powerful. But when throttled down, they can be made to cover small areas. Not to mention cleaning up sidewalks and driveways is a snap. Just shut off the granules and use the blow only mode.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 03-08-2012, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
The only spreaders I liked were the backpack mist blowers set up to shoot granules and dusts. I know, heavy and powerful. But when throttled down, they can be made to cover small areas. Not to mention cleaning up sidewalks and driveways is a snap. Just shut off the granules and use the blow only mode.
It sounds like your islands are being washed away. Is it flooding in your area?

Old 03-08-2012, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Since last week Thursday, I have suspended all applications. There have been either thunderstorms, heavy rains or even hail storms. We are expecting more of the same starting this afternoon through Friday night. Most places were not built to manage more than a drizzle. If it starts to rain over an inch per hour, places go underwater. On one property I care for, the whole yard turned into a pool with 2 foot deep water.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 03-08-2012, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just bought a John deere hand spreader. The gear feel real smooth.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-08-2012, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'd like one with a gps tracking unit on them. Mine all disapear and my tech's have no idea what happened to them.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBITMAN11 View Post
Just bought a John deere hand spreader. The gear feel real smooth.
Posted via Mobile Device
Where?
Posted via Mobile Device