Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-30-2012, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

For now we just have the bracket to fit the Subaru engine. I do not know how much modification it would take to fit onto the BS engine. In looking at it I am sure you could confugure it without too much trouble. It has to be bolted to the engine so you can still take off the cover to service the tine area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
Bob, can you fit a larger gas tank on the Briggs model? Seems I run about 3 8k sq ft lawns with my XT5 and then I have to refuel. Would like to be able to run a bit longer.

Thanks,
DA
Old 11-19-2012, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnSolutionsCP View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIelBMvQdGM

This should answer your questions....it amazes me when people make a purchase without doing their homework. It shouldn't even be close. Just try one and see for yourself.

There are specs on both.

www.exmark.com

and

www.toro.com
It also amazes me how a company tells us to do homework and then does not deliver the product. Where is the dual hydro?
Old 11-19-2012, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-22-2012, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfcobob View Post
Have you spoken with our service department about this? Subaru has be very good in working with us and we are getting fast response from them. Also at the show we had the XT5 Subaru with a one gallon tank that is available as a kit that takes about a half hour to put on. Cost is for parts.
Back when I got it I made several attempts to contact service and after alittle over a 10 days I finally got someone. The responses I got were arrogant and bascially told me to take it up with Subaru instead of Turfco. Overall I'm not happy with the machine at all. Starting this engine basically smokes my back for atleast a day and thats pretty bad considering I have engines that are 3X bigger that I pull start with very little effort. I ended up only using the machine about 20 times before parking it in the garage and moving on. It would be nice to sell it but I doubt anyone local would buy it, most here run Plugr. In fact the bad luck I had with this machine was one of factors that lead me to give up the biz and get a day job. I can't dump $3K into a machine that is so hard starting you just give up using it.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

you serious?
Old 12-18-2012, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHIPPLE5.7 View Post
Back when I got it I made several attempts to contact service and after alittle over a 10 days I finally got someone. The responses I got were arrogant and bascially told me to take it up with Subaru instead of Turfco. Overall I'm not happy with the machine at all. Starting this engine basically smokes my back for atleast a day and thats pretty bad considering I have engines that are 3X bigger that I pull start with very little effort. I ended up only using the machine about 20 times before parking it in the garage and moving on. It would be nice to sell it but I doubt anyone local would buy it, most here run Plugr. In fact the bad luck I had with this machine was one of factors that lead me to give up the biz and get a day job. I can't dump $3K into a machine that is so hard starting you just give up using it.
I sent you a PM asking you to contact me so we can get to the bottom of this and I have not heard from you. Unless we know who you are we cannot find out what happened and take care of the problem. Bob 520-836-8162
Old 12-18-2012, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
you serious?
x2.

Nice to see you back Larry.
I run the Briggs on my XT5 it is the most easy pull starting engine I operate.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 12-18-2012, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
x2.

Nice to see you back Larry.
I run the Briggs on my XT5 it is the most easy pull starting engine I operate.
Thanks DA. Our XT5's also "start on the first pull". What's amazing, is we did several aeration/seeding jobs on a street where the County dug the ditches deeper (to allow for better drainage). The XT5 "climbed" those steep ditches, manuevered around concrete culverts, and still pulled plenty of nice plugs at the same time. These "culvert areas" were not part of the bids, and the customers acknowledged it (due to the extreme slopes), as well as possible dangerous operating conditions.

Our LS walk-behind has not been used for 2 years. It "sits" because my guys prefer the XT5 >> faster, more manueverable, better plugs, more plugs, more user friendly & safer.

Experience: We were one of the first to compare the LS vs XT5. We also performed side-by-side comparisons at land grant university trials.

Our 2 cents. Thanks
Old 03-11-2013, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Member

I just did a very short demo(like 20feet) on the Toro/LS unit and I thought it was gonna tip over when I got to the side hill. The hill was not too steep and I had problems. I know with my old bluebird, I could have muscled it. Is the LS aerator that bad once you get use to it? How do the XT5s do on hills. I have to run a lot of little hills(small lawns) and dont want to break out another aerator to do that section. I am so close to pulling the plug on one of these machines, but for that kinda money I want a machine that will perform on all types of lawns.

XT5 owners, how does the machine do on hills? Not too steep, but running sideways do they feel like tipping?