Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-15-2011, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk90s13 View Post
you are so right but till I can afford a nice dump ( diesel newer and not just old junk ) I will work with what I have and try to keep it within weight limit

my truck got all disc around not that it raises the GVWR but it does help stopping

I did another 2 ton of stone today but I split it into two trips and it wasnt bad at all

Thanks for your advice
If money is an issue, then you can go buy a cheap dump trailer or rent a dump trailer for the day from a local rental house. Heck, even some dump trailers can haul close to 5-6 tons legally. The advantage is that you don't have to have another truck, and there should be brakes on the dump trailer. The load is also distributed and only putting appropriate weight on the tongue and hitch.

Even with my C3500HD, GVWR with (15kgvwr)16K plates, I can only haul 3.5 tons at a time. I'm even considering a dump trailer as a supplement and then put 2 tons on the truck and whatever on the dump trailer to stay under CDL range.

Good job on splitting the load. Better safe than sorry. Like I said, I might have been a jerk, but I know there is a lot of guys out there who don't think twice about over-loading a truck. 1500's, 2500's, F150's,250's etc. (even SRW 350's 3500's) Those trucks might have the same drive line as some bigger trucks, but the frames aren't as beefy, the gearing ratio is different, and the disc brakes are smaller.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.