Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-13-2011, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

PROS/Cons On Exmark Stander Vantage???

Ok guys im convinced that im going to start Leasing mowers from Weingartz.
For 3K a Season (includes all Maintenance, They will give me a loaner when its being serviced, blades, FULL 9 yrds)

So i can get pretty much any mower i want....But i was looking at this exmark stander and i want to know if there are any pros or cons on it...I used to have a JD 667 it was very nice cut great too but had no suspension like the new ones have. My sales guy said he could even knock off One thousand if i get a stander. They also said he can tag it when i turn it in in the winter so i get the same machine next season.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No one has these?!??!?!?!!??!?!?
Maybe i shouldnt get it!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ask someone who knows how to look over the numbers and compare it to a purchase. $3,000/year for a lawn mower lease is quite a bit. The maintenance isn't worth a ton as the drive time and inconvenience to pick up/drop off a machine eats up most of the labor savings of having someone do most things for you. You also can't afford for a key machine to sit at a dealer if it's something you could handle yourself in the evening or early morning.

I have 16 machines with engines on them in my shop. I barely spend 2 hours a week on maintenance during the season. I do the bigger items off-season. There just isn't a ton to do on these newer machines. Be sure you're not over-valuing the maintenance they're throwing in.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:35 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

You could practically OWN the machine after the second year. It's like buying a house. Wouldn't you rather OWN a home instead of renting a home knowing the money you put out is still your money??
Old 04-16-2011, 08:06 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I know if I buy 2 vantage I can get them for close to 6k each with fleet. I would have the machine paid for in two years from what you pay for that lease. Is this the one with a dollar buy out at the end? If not I will buy a mower and you can pay me 3 grand a year.

Pros I like the hydros nice and smooth. Good deck for average growth. I oike that the back flips down for service.

Cons. Deck lift is heavy. The limit speed control is a joke. It seems all cluster bucked with hydro line all over and battery box in front with the hydro reservoir . Light in the front on hills. Not as many places to rap your legs on hills.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-16-2011, 12:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Bruno 1000% (yes, one thousand percent). The amount of money they're wanting to charge you for a lease you can own the machine leasing it for a little more than two seasons.

I don't have a vantage, but am looking at a Toro Grand Stand which is essentially the same thing. I'm at 6'3" and ~210 lbs. It didn't come up on me at all when demoing it on hills. It was a new feeling, but still felt very stable.
48" TTHP
2 44" Toro WB's
Shindaiwa weed eaters
Stihl Backpack Blowers
Stihl and Husqvarna Chainsaws
Old 04-16-2011, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

How many hrs in a yr would you put on it? 1000hrs? It would cost $3/hr plus gas so $7/hr or so would be your cost for the mower only. If your over 1000hrs per yr on the mower it maybe worth while. Under I wouldn't think about it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-16-2011, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestImpressions99 View Post
I agree with Bruno 1000% (yes, one thousand percent). The amount of money they're wanting to charge you for a lease you can own the machine leasing it for a little more than two seasons.

I don't have a vantage, but am looking at a Toro Grand Stand which is essentially the same thing. I'm at 6'3" and ~210 lbs. It didn't come up on me at all when demoing it on hills. It was a new feeling, but still felt very stable.
What do you figure for maintenace cost per hr on a mower? Cost of running per hr with purchase?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-16-2011, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

djagusch, I of course include the mx costs into my bid. I take out around 15 cents per dollar (so around $15 per hour or a bit more). BUT... that includes MX on all equipment. Whatever's not spent just goes into the bank.

Picasso... WE KNOW WE KNOW, he can enter what he wants and search all day for what he wants to know.
48" TTHP
2 44" Toro WB's
Shindaiwa weed eaters
Stihl Backpack Blowers
Stihl and Husqvarna Chainsaws
Old 04-16-2011, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I figure $12/mower hr mower purchase/maintenance/gas. Mower is consider worthless at 2000hrs and has 1 major repair out of warranty for 2k, $5 gas also. Talking 11k turf tiger though. The w/b is less and standers are inbetween.

So if his lease is under $5/hr it could offset.
Posted via Mobile Device