Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-15-2011, 10:08 PM
grassmasterswilson grassmasterswilson is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: nc
Posts: 3,267
richway foam markers on z spray

Just got in my new max and took it out for the first day of round 2. The foam marker is a richway mintrac(I think). Think I filled that thing up 2 or 3 times in an 9 hour day! I'm using water and a foaming agent I bought from my dealer. Mixing about 1-2 oz (or a couple of quick pours) in the 1 gallon unit. Balls are spaced out about every 6-8 feet.

Am I doing something wrong? Does regular dish soap last longer? If so what rate and brand is everyone using?
__________________
GrassMasters, LLC
Wilson, NC
www.grassmasterswilson.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-15-2011, 11:38 PM
kbrashears's Avatar
kbrashears kbrashears is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Central Arkansas
Posts: 674
No. That's about right.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-16-2011, 06:54 AM
rcreech's Avatar
rcreech rcreech is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,697
Sounds like u r on the money!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-16-2011, 10:29 AM
sprayboy sprayboy is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 652
I have a new max this year with the new style foam marker that holds a gallon.
It is using alot more water than the old one did.
I think it has a 2nd compressor on it which is bigger than the old one.
__________________
There is a jerk in every crowd.

Terry
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Landgreen Landgreen is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 178
Curious as to how long the foam lasts on the lawn? Are the majority of them still there when finished?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-16-2011, 11:16 AM
R&S Lawn Care R&S Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oklahoma Ctiy, OK
Posts: 294
Depends on temp, humidity, and size of property. Hotter and drier= wont last as long. Though I havent used this one yet during the summer. It will last long enough to see previous pass. In the cooler weather mine was lasting well over an hour. 1oz. per gallon of water using Wylie brand foam mix.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Landgreen Landgreen is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by R&S Lawn Care View Post
Depends on temp, humidity, and size of property. Hotter and drier= wont last as long. Though I havent used this one yet during the summer. It will last long enough to see previous pass. In the cooler weather mine was lasting well over an hour. 1oz. per gallon of water using Wylie brand foam mix.
Thought it might be confusing for the customer to see all the markers and have to explain what they are there for.

I might have to install a foamer on my z-spray for spraying tenacity this season. Sounds like a great add-on.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-16-2011, 02:55 PM
R&S Lawn Care R&S Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oklahoma Ctiy, OK
Posts: 294
Down here in Oklahoma all our burmuda goes dormant, so for the first round I always use dye. It allows me to be more accurate with passes plus the customers love seeing a green yard as opposed to brown. The foamer I use for granular applications and also when the grass greens up, dye does not show up very well. Also saves a lot of money not having to by dye. You have to adjust your passes because the foam drops straight down, where as your end nozzles fan out a foot or so.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-17-2011, 07:58 AM
grassman177's Avatar
grassman177 grassman177 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: leavenworth, kansas
Posts: 9,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landgreen View Post
Thought it might be confusing for the customer to see all the markers and have to explain what they are there for.

I might have to install a foamer on my z-spray for spraying tenacity this season. Sounds like a great add-on.
it is confusing for the customer,,,, when i first used mine i actually got complaints

that is funny right there
__________________
all is fair in love and grass! Man, it smells like sheet, do you smell that!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-17-2011, 08:01 AM
grassman177's Avatar
grassman177 grassman177 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: leavenworth, kansas
Posts: 9,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by R&S Lawn Care View Post
Down here in Oklahoma all our burmuda goes dormant, so for the first round I always use dye. It allows me to be more accurate with passes plus the customers love seeing a green yard as opposed to brown. The foamer I use for granular applications and also when the grass greens up, dye does not show up very well. Also saves a lot of money not having to by dye. You have to adjust your passes because the foam drops straight down, where as your end nozzles fan out a foot or so.
good advice. that is correct.

they last along time though it seems, like maybe 15 minutes or so...never timed but quite a while.

i have not used mine this year yet, but need to onthe coming lawns as they donthave stripes to follow and are very large.(using mowing stripes is awesome and very easy with 48in and 60in mower stripes and having 8ft and 10ft spray widths!
__________________
all is fair in love and grass! Man, it smells like sheet, do you smell that!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 AM.

Page generated in 0.10570 seconds with 7 queries