Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-24-2011, 06:17 PM
jhouchins jhouchins is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: East TN
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
Edges look much better in the last few posts. Keep up the improvements!
Thanks. I definately worked on them on this last install.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-25-2011, 11:27 AM
bobcat48's Avatar
bobcat48 bobcat48 is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lansing IL
Posts: 3,180
Looks very nice,nice job!
__________________
2011 Ford f450 Dump
Haulmark enclosed 16'
2 Wright stander 48" x
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-25-2011, 08:38 PM
jhouchins jhouchins is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: East TN
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat48 View Post
Looks very nice,nice job!
I appreciate it.

Set seven 3 1/2'' caliper cherry trees today. Will post pics later. I am whooped. Gotta go to bed. Have a 20 yard mulch job in the morning.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-26-2011, 05:38 PM
jhouchins jhouchins is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: East TN
Posts: 182
Finally got these big a$$ trees set. Still have to stake them in the morning. Lost daylight.

They are 3 kwanzan and 3 yoshino cherries.
Attached Images
   
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-26-2011, 05:46 PM
flyingdutch16's Avatar
flyingdutch16 flyingdutch16 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 451
Nice work you really make those yards look better!

Just one piece of advice make the whole for the trees twice the size that they need to be and then add some potting mix to it. This way the tree will adjust quicker and grow much much quicker. Just my two cents.

Keep up the good work tho
__________________
1997 Dodge Ram 1500
Equipment:
7x10 Pequea trailer
Bad Boy ZT 50inch deck.
Stihl FS 90R
Stihl BR550 back pack blower.
Craftsman 208cc Snowblower 26''
Plus miscellaneous equipment

Solo Operation
www.baslawnservice.com
Picture Thread

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=347985
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-26-2011, 06:20 PM
jhouchins jhouchins is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: East TN
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutch16 View Post
Nice work you really make those yards look better!

Just one piece of advice make the whole for the trees twice the size that they need to be and then add some potting mix to it. This way the tree will adjust quicker and grow much much quicker. Just my two cents.

Keep up the good work tho
Yeah the first pic was a little decieving.

The first pic of the holes where not finished. Once I picked up the trees I had to dig almost twice as much dirt out from the first pic. I always dig at least twice as big. I add peat moss, a topsoil mix, and a little fert to the hole. This dirt was packed red clay so I made the holes very big.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-26-2011, 06:45 PM
flyingdutch16's Avatar
flyingdutch16 flyingdutch16 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhouchins View Post
Yeah the first pic was a little decieving.

The first pic of the holes where not finished. Once I picked up the trees I had to dig almost twice as much dirt out from the first pic. I always dig at least twice as big. I add peat moss, a topsoil mix, and a little fert to the hole. This dirt was packed red clay so I made the holes very big.
Oh okay that red clay gets tough to dig in.

In 2009 when i remodeld my back yard i forgot to make the wholes big enough for three trees. This is the first year that they are actually in blossom


Good luck with the rest of the season!
__________________
1997 Dodge Ram 1500
Equipment:
7x10 Pequea trailer
Bad Boy ZT 50inch deck.
Stihl FS 90R
Stihl BR550 back pack blower.
Craftsman 208cc Snowblower 26''
Plus miscellaneous equipment

Solo Operation
www.baslawnservice.com
Picture Thread

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=347985
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-26-2011, 07:04 PM
weeze's Avatar
weeze weeze is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: weezertonfieldville, AL
Posts: 5,222
alot do edging on here but where i live noone has edging around their beds...there are always rocks, stones, pavers, bricks, or some type of metal or plastic edging around the beds...so you might could try to sell people on using a border of some type rather than edging all of the beds...it's up to you though lol...looks good man
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-26-2011, 10:22 PM
jhouchins jhouchins is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: East TN
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutch16 View Post
Oh okay that red clay gets tough to dig in.

In 2009 when i remodeld my back yard i forgot to make the wholes big enough for three trees. This is the first year that they are actually in blossom


Good luck with the rest of the season!
Yeah I put in about 120 plants and 7 trees and could not use one single scoop of dirt on the property. Worst dirt I have ever seen.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-26-2011, 10:24 PM
jhouchins jhouchins is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: East TN
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLawnCare1 View Post
alot do edging on here but where i live noone has edging around their beds...there are always rocks, stones, pavers, bricks, or some type of metal or plastic edging around the beds...so you might could try to sell people on using a border of some type rather than edging all of the beds...it's up to you though lol...looks good man
I haven't seen to many types of edging I like. I like natural stone, flagstone, as a border. Only thing I dislike about edging is the washout when it rains.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:09 AM.

Page generated in 0.08447 seconds with 8 queries