Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-18-2011, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone use Exmark's Blue synth. oil????

Ok guys well i just did oil on all my mowers. I Went with the exmark blue synthetic oil. My dealer said it is brand new to them. Has anyone ever used this stuff all i know is i just pit it in my mowers and its like 8 bucks a quart!
Should i expect my mower to blow up after 5hrs or will it be ok???? lol jk
I just wanna know if you guys like it or not!
Old 04-19-2011, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Member

can't really comment as to whether i like it yet or not because i also just changed the oil in all my mowers and used the exmark oil. Only thing i can say is that i got it through a dealer and only paid a little over 5 bucks a quart. Then again this particular dealer has always been known to have really good prices. I will report back at a later date with my opinions once i have logged some hours on the blue goo.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkid View Post
can't really comment as to whether i like it yet or not because i also just changed the oil in all my mowers and used the exmark oil. Only thing i can say is that i got it through a dealer and only paid a little over 5 bucks a quart. Then again this particular dealer has always been known to have really good prices. I will report back at a later date with my opinions once i have logged some hours on the blue goo.
Im kinda getting scared! NO ONES USED THIS "BLUE GOO"?????????
lol
Old 04-19-2011, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I really wonder what difference the oil makes. I pay just over $3 per quart and you are paying around $8. Over the life of my mower, I have saved around $280 and the mower is still going strong - no oil related issues at all at around 1400 hours on the engine. At what point does the synthetic oil start paying off?

It seems to me that the synthetic oil would have to make the engine last 25% longer before you start seeing a return on your investment.

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 04-20-2011, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Member

I am not gona go out and spend 10 grand on a new mower and go cheap on the maintenance. Ok so i spend a little more than you do on oil but if i can't afford an extra 2 or 3 bucks for better oil then i probably shouldn't have spent 10 thousand on a mower either
Old 04-20-2011, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Member

I'll bet you $10 IT'S Mobil 1 dyed blue. Bobcat skidloaders do the same but dye it green.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Member

if it is indeed mobil one dyed blue that wouldn't bother me because i payed a little less for it then i would have paid for mobil 1. That's why i tried it because i figured 5 bucks a quart for synthetic isn't a bad deal
Old 05-19-2011, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Member

I just did an oil change last night and pored in Mobil 1 Vtwin 20-50. I have a case for my bike and the oil is designed for air cooled v twins so it should work a little better than standard oil. The bottle states that it is perfect for high heat and sustained rpm. What do you guys think?
Old 05-19-2011, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that eXmark found another way to make some extra bucks off of people.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

National brand full synthetic oils start at around $21 per 5 quart container at Wal-Mart. All have gone up recently, and I think Mobil 1 is about $25. I bought one quart last year at the local O'Reilly's store, and paid almost $9. Go to Wally World and buy a 5 quart container, and I'll guarantee your mower will never know the difference.