Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-03-2002, 12:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by darryl gesner
Also, I'm in my first year and need to show all my income in order to impress banks and others who care.
When you get a little smarter you might be able to understand that it is better to impress your kids college account or your own retirement, rather than some bank and others who "if you really thinks that they care where are you for".
Old 10-03-2002, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

My retirement fund and kids college funds are already pretty impressive. It's my truck that isn't! Kind of hard to get a loan/lease for a new truck for my business with little or no business income reported.
Old 10-04-2002, 07:58 PM
Banned

Allways pay cash. Allthough there is nothing with using credit cards and financing things. It just cost people who finance 20% more to live than those who pay cash.
Old 10-04-2002, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Lawn Choupique - I know what you're saying, but it doesn't hurt to finance something once in a while, especially at 0% APR. The only thing I have financed now is our house, and we only financed 65% of the cost. My wifes 2002 VW Eurovan was paid for with cash (actually a check) last winter... I took the $1,500 rebate instead.

I put about about $4,500 worth of equipment on an introductory 0% credit card in the spring and paid it all off without incurring any interest. Helps to build credit in case I ever need it.

I'm trying my best to have my business survive on it's own, so although I could pay cash for a new truck out of my personal finances, I'd rather not.