Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-08-2011, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Command Pro 26 EFI

I have a Command Pro 26 EFI in a Country Clipper Zeton. I drove it into the trailer for winter storage last year and now it will not fire kindof. Well it did fire up once after I pushed it into the shop of course. But it will not fire up again. Turns over fine but doesn't seem to have spark. I can't find any info on this engine at kohler like it never existed or somthing. Anyway the light that is supposed to show me codes shows a 61 which i have read on others models is just the end of the codes. So it hasn't recorded a fault code either. Any ideas? oh yea checked all the fuses; there ok. Just seems to have very low spark if any at all.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Check the fuel pressure at the rail. They can be a royal pain to get fuel up into the rail after you run out of fuel or let it sit for a long time and the fuel pressure bleeds off.

Hook a guage up to the fuel pressure rail and hold the release on the guage. Run the little hose into a bucket or what not to catch the extra fuel. Cycle the key on/off a few times till you have fuel pooring out. Then let go of the release on the gauge and cycle a few times to build pressure.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Member

ok the problem is'nt so much fuel, but a weird'rr issue. I got it started finnaly but did'nt really know what I did but it was running and starting so great I put it back into the trailer. Got oil and filter about a week later Air temp has avg. 50d went to change the oil and no start. I pushed it into the shop and started the heater to make myself warm more than anything. But the heater was blowing on the engine. anyway after maybe 10min of warming up it starts no problem. I shut off the heater change the oil in another mower and it cools down again to approx 50d and it won't start again. turn the heater back on, warm up a little bit and it starts fine again.

So now what? I'm thinking oil pressure switch or something along those lines anyway. Any more ideas. And is there a way to test the oil pressure switch?

oh yea the engine info
Kohler Command Pro26 EFI
Model CV26S
Spec 79C13
Serial 3106103821

Last edited by crater; 04-20-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:07 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Oil pressure switch generally would not keep it from starting. And on a ZTR application it might not even be hooked up to kill the engine at all. They generally dont wire them to kill the engine on a vehicle application as it could be dangerous if it died in the middle of a street or something.

And most Kohlers have a relay that bypasses the oil pressure switch during starting anyway so it will start without building up pressure.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Member

has kohler been any help.....i would think not.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Member

yea I got the service manual for this engine finnaly. I guess I didn't phrase (cause I didn't know what it was) the part about the oil pressure switch. I agree that it probally isn't that however what I was referring to was the oil temp unit. I read that the ECU will compensate fuel flow by the oil temp. So now my question is could it be bad or so cold and because of that the ECU is flooding the engine? Spark plugs are always wet when it won't start.