Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-26-2011, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was gonna buy some high dollar trimmer racks and blower racks but I just didnt like the idea of the trimmers going long ways down the trailer. Just takes $2 a piece and they are strong as all get out. Anyways, they craddle the trimmers great. Used these also for my hand blowers and my backpack but didnt get pics of them yet. I drove a lil wild today to see if anything was going to fall which i didnt figure they could the way everything is held. Bought 6 of the racks, $12 bucks!

Anyways, ill get some more pics soon!!
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2011, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Member

awesome idea, where did you buy them at?
Old 04-27-2011, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Will you be DOT compliant with that much weight?
Old 04-27-2011, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I was out all day and while I was, I counted 20+ trucks on the road pulling landscape trailers and stuff that I know for a fact were over the 10,000lb limit (a half ton truck with a dual axle trailer WILL be over the maximum GCVW) that did not have DOT numbers.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALC-GregH View Post
I was out all day and while I was, I counted 20+ trucks on the road pulling landscape trailers and stuff that I know for a fact were over the 10,000lb limit (a half ton truck with a dual axle trailer WILL be over the maximum GCVW) that did not have DOT numbers.
Well now you have seen 21 of them. LOL Listen, im not exactyly 100% sure weather Im within legal means or not. All I know is that the trailer has tandem brakes and stops great. Truch has plenty of power for what I need it to do. If the road nazzis pull me over and give me a ticket for not having dot #s well then ill go get them. I live out in the sticks, never get on highways and just plain ole dont want to give my money away............. I have a 3/4 ton 2005 chevrolet hd in the driveway to I just don 't like trashing my newer truck............ Will my 3/4 ton need dot #s also. Not being a smart ass or anything....... I just dont see the need. If I were in fact hauling a heavy trailer or load I would understand but come on........... We haul lawnmowers for goodness sakes. Ive been doing this stuff for 14 years on my own now and have never been questioned...
Old 04-27-2011, 05:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyVinny View Post
awesome idea, where did you buy them at?
Harbor freight is where I got them. They were cheap. $2 a piece. Hell I put up an extra 1 in the trailer just incase I may need to put something else up in the future. I was sitting there watching it rain and had an idea. I went out and put my large spool of redmax .095 string on it. just slid the spool right onto one of the rods. Freakin works great.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowcrazy View Post
Harbor freight is where I got them. They were cheap. $2 a piece. Hell I put up an extra 1 in the trailer just incase I may need to put something else up in the future. I was sitting there watching it rain and had an idea. I went out and put my large spool of redmax .095 string on it. just slid the spool right onto one of the rods. Freakin works great.
hell ya man, I just got my enclosed to and I cant see spending all this money on these fancy racks.. Im going to head out to home depot tonight and see if I can get some racks.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyVinny View Post
hell ya man, I just got my enclosed to and I cant see spending all this money on these fancy racks.. Im going to head out to home depot tonight and see if I can get some racks.
ya know, I went to lowes and home depot before I went to harbor freight and they actually had some things that would fit but they werent quite as strong, and what they had you couldnt just drill onto the wall of the trailer. they came with this track that it had to slide into so you would have to mount the track on the trailer wall and then put the racks onto that. Hope you find what your looking for. If you would like I can get the Item # off of these racks and you can order them online if you would like.

Let me know!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Now that the wheels are turning in my head would I need dot #s on my 3/4 ton truck? Here is a pic of it.
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2011, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowcrazy View Post
ya know, I went to lowes and home depot before I went to harbor freight and they actually had some things that would fit but they werent quite as strong, and what they had you couldnt just drill onto the wall of the trailer. they came with this track that it had to slide into so you would have to mount the track on the trailer wall and then put the racks onto that. Hope you find what your looking for. If you would like I can get the Item # off of these racks and you can order them online if you would like.

Let me know!!!
Will do man! I appreciate that. I will see if my HD has anything different, if not I will let you know man.