Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-25-2011, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Accelerator Catcher

Well thought I would post since I used my accelerator for the first time. Got the 4.15 for a 36" eXmark. Very pleased with the catcher. Looks to be very well built as far as all the welds are concerned. Very, very light, could not believe how light it was empty and for that matter, even when packed full.

Hooked right on out of the box, no mods at all. When using it, it packed clippings and leaf debris in their so tight it was like dumping out a brick of grass. It did come right out though without any excessive shaking or knocking of the catcher.

Very impressed with the product and the service I received from the guys at Accelerator. Would definitely recommend them and if needed, I will use Accelerator again without a second thought.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking at one for my 36 gravely, how much will it hold, not the cu rating but how long n what type of stuff r u moving n putting in it b4 u have to dump?
Old 04-25-2011, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaxtersEssentialLawnCare View Post
I was looking at one for my 36 gravely, how much will it hold, not the cu rating but how long n what type of stuff r u moving n putting in it b4 u have to dump?
Hard to say man. I went around the perimeter of a front lawn approx. 2000 sq ft. Made it around about 3 times before I had to dump. Granted, the grass was about 4 1/4 inches tall and I was cutting at 3. I was bagging just to test. I would recommend bagging clippings if you have to double cut and want to leave a very clean finished look. Also this lawn had light leaf debris due to woods being on 2 sides of the house and it's always windy in this area.

I ended up cutting and the grass clippings were everywhere, shoot guard up or not it doesn't matter. The other part of the lawn is about 6000 sq feet. So, I attached the bagger and sucked up all the clippings after the first cut and dumped at the end only. It was packed so solid I couldn't believe it.

If you are planning on bagging entire lawns with this on the first cut, you'll probably be dumping a lot. I can't really give an accurate review for leaves only because it's obviously spring. However, if using gator blades in the fall I assume this will do great.

If you are planning on bagging entire lawns with this on the first cut, you'll probably be dumping a lot. I can't really give an accurate review for leaves only because it's obviously Spring. However, if using gator blades in the fall I assume this will do great.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

we have 4 of them, love them too. we do have one though that has some pretty shoddy welding, and poor piece fitting as in the parts dont line up well and looked hurriedly assembled.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Member

it took a while for me to consider them because of cost, but will say they are the best bag out there!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
we have 4 of them, love them too. we do have one though that has some pretty shoddy welding, and poor piece fitting as in the parts dont line up well and looked hurriedly assembled.
I bet if you call them, or would have called them (Accelerator) not a dealer when you first received it they would replace it. At least to me, they seem to stand behind the product 110%.

Anyways, I don't know how some guys use ones made of steel. How freaking heavy is that empty let alone full.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:05 AM
Sponsor

That is true.

Peter Andonian, Lawnsite Sponsor
Accelerator Industries
http://www.AcceleratorIndustries.com
800-984-9410
Old 05-05-2011, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Member

i got a rakem catcher on my scag 48 wb didnt cost as mutch but been using it for 3 yrs
Old 05-05-2011, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

wont get anything but accelerator from here on out. What i am waiting for now is the following:

A) an aluminum replacement bags for ztr bagging system, the cloth bags that come from exmark can sometimes be a pain to unload.

B) a full on ztr bagging system, hoses and everything!

C) this is a cool idea i though: an all aluminum mesh box for pickup, so you can suck them buggers(leaves) up into the pickup. just though it would look good and would be a good idea for fall cleanups.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Sponsor

I've thought of having our company manufacture aluminum bags for the rear bagging ZTR's. My concern with doing this is the expense and therefore the retail price on these.

Peter Andonian, Lawnsite Sponsor
Accelerator Industries
http://www.AcceleratorIndustries.com
800-984-9410