Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 04-25-2011, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Huster Fastrack 20/52 Honda starting problem

My Fastrack spuratically will not start. Turn the key and the motor spins but will not start. Everytime I load it up to take to the dealer, it starts. Dealer said it's probably a switch but I have tested and bypassed both steering and the seat switches one by one and all together and even with all the switches bypassed it won't start. Went through this whole process yesterday, no start. This morning went to load it up to take to the dealer and it started.

Anyone got any suggestions on what else to check or replace?
Old 04-26-2011, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I answered your emails yesterday, sorry I couldn't get to answer you here on LS.

Pj
Old 06-17-2011, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I have this same problem with my 20/52 Fastrak. It either starts up and runs great or floods out.

I have had it to the dealer 2 times and both times it has been fine for them. It flooded out again earlier this week but this time I am unable to start it.

I checked for spark and have it, but engine just spins and drips gas from the exhaust.

I am about to take it in for the third time - if you have a solution or know of a reason why this happens PLEASE reply and let me know as I am pulling my hair out. It has been doing this for the last 3 years and its slowly gotten worse.

Matt
Old 06-20-2011, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The coils need to be checked and the diode in the harness between the 2 coils.
Cleaning the flywheel magnets and the coils may help also.

Pj
Old 06-21-2011, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. What is the best method for cleaning the magnets and coils? The magnets are a bit rusty. If I remember right, I replaced the diode and some relays last time around and that didn't help so hoping it's the magnets or coils (I know replacing them is expensive but I really don't care at this point).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-29-2011, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The best way to clean them is to remove them and sand the surface of coils.
Sanding the magnets on the flywheel also is best.
Use some emery cloth.

Pj
Old 06-30-2011, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Member

I cleaned them up with aluminum backed sandpaper. They had some rust on them. I also reset the gap using a folded dollar bill.

I turned the key and it started! I really hope that this solves the issue. If I see the problem again in the next few weeks I will reply.

Thank you
Matt
Old 06-30-2011, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Horne View Post
I cleaned them up with aluminum backed sandpaper. They had some rust on them. I also reset the gap using a folded dollar bill.

I turned the key and it started! I really hope that this solves the issue. If I see the problem again in the next few weeks I will reply.

Thank you
Matt
Excellent.

Pj